Current time: 03/05/2024, 19:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

High Peak
RE: High Peak
It's reported elsewhere that 2 x E20Ds should arrive this coming week, with another two soon afterwards for the Transpeak service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its great there investing in new vehicles the 63 plate solo sr's look really smart in the livery

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Have high peak given up the #39 congleton route? As yesterday (mon) saw a gha solo running the service so guess they've decided its not viable for them, no surprise tbh really as its generally a very quiet route.

Also its been noted by a few passengers using the #392 at peak hours or even during the day when its kinda quiet that the solos aren't big enough for the route & feel cramped. I agree with this 50/50, yh it could do with bigger buses on the route as it can get mega wedged in the mornings, but its a real headache getting a longer bus round the likes of pott shrigley & higher poynton as its all single track windy lanes.

However approx 2/3 months ago we did have an optare excel which had been displaced from the 199 route working a 392. Must say, very decent buses these, would like to see one in the high peak orange blue n white livery would look proper smart.
(02/12/2014 12:39)33109 Wrote:  Have high peak given up the #39 congleton route? As yesterday (mon) saw a gha solo running the service so guess they've decided its not viable for them, no surprise tbh really as its generally a very quiet route.

Also its been noted by a few passengers using the #392 at peak hours or even during the day when its kinda quiet that the solos aren't big enough for the route & feel cramped. I agree with this 50/50, yh it could do with bigger buses on the route as it can get mega wedged in the mornings, but its a real headache getting a longer bus round the likes of pott shrigley & higher poynton as its all single track windy lanes.

However approx 2/3 months ago we did have an optare excel which had been displaced from the 199 route working a 392. Must say, very decent buses these, would like to see one in the high peak orange blue n white livery would look proper smart.

The 39 was cancelled by High Peak as of last Sunday (30 November).

From High Peak:
Quote:"The 39 service is being withdrawn as there is no funding to support this service, and we are unable to run it commercially because of low patronage"
Ok ta v much for the gen fella, doubt gha are gonna have anymore luck than high peak did lol!!!
I saw an E20D on TP through Hazel Grove this evening. It was in "Centrebus" colours, but as I was on the opposite side of the road I could not see its reg.
I saw an E20D on route TP heading into Manchester around 3.30 this afternoon. I caught the start of its reg YY64, but I realise they might both have these.
Considering TP has recently got new vehicles allocated to it I'm wondering when 199 will be next in line for newer vehicles as High Peak seem to looking after Dove Holes and the older vehicles seem to be gradually disappearing now
High Peak will be extending the weekday service of the 394 from Stepping Hill Hospital to Stockport from 2 March:

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetabl...150302.pdf
(08/01/2015 22:23)SF07 Wrote:  High Peak will be extending the weekday service of the 394 from Stepping Hill Hospital to Stockport from 2 March:

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/timetabl...150302.pdf

A cracking idea. It's surprising how many people in Glossop talk about having a direct link to Stockport and one to Manchester so there half way there.
It will be interesting to see if the extra section gets well used.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)