Current time: 06/05/2024, 05:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
RE: National Express Coach Station in Liverpool to close
I have been a reader of the news page about Oxford and the problems these super long coaches had caused at Gloucester Green Coach Station because of there length , especially there as they had to reverse off there bays , I suppose is it that the back end of these coaches that is impeding the buses trying to get off there bays and get past .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There will be 15m national express vehicles running out of Liverpool soon. Local operator Selwyns is to take delivery of 6 tri-axle 15m Caetano's. Plus another 6 in April. So imagine what problems there could be then.
I think that is the bigger issue now - there is nowhere in the evenings to park the number of vehicles that are there on layover at any one time.

The loss of the inbound stop too doesn't help such that bus services are terminating at Tesco, Hanover Street however you could argue this is because of the building work by the alighting stop, rather than because of NatEx using stands 1-3.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I don't know if this solution is still available, and if it is, if it's ideal, but part of the old Liverpool Central High Level railway station site, which closed in 1972, was recently still vacant, and mainly used as a makeshift car park. Although it wouldn't give much access easily to local bus services, in that they use another bus station, there are local bus services stopping in the immediate surrounding area, especially round the St. Johns shopping centre area. It would also be almost next door to Liverpool Central railway station. What do others think of this as a Nat Ex coach station?
Merseytravel have dropped themselves right in it from a great height as arriva and Stagecoach will almost certaintly start bellyaching if they cant layover there vehicles because of these big 15m beasts are everywhere.
The closing of the Coach Station is just ridiculous even more so is then moving them to Liverpool One, the person behind this decision should be questioned as how it is going to work properly as it just looks like more traffic chaos for that area and the bus station.
(22/01/2016 22:36)robertclark125 Wrote:  I don't know if this solution is still available, and if it is, if it's ideal, but part of the old Liverpool Central High Level railway station site, which closed in 1972, was recently still vacant, and mainly used as a makeshift car park. Although it wouldn't give much access easily to local bus services, in that they use another bus station, there are local bus services stopping in the immediate surrounding area, especially round the St. Johns shopping centre area. It would also be almost next door to Liverpool Central railway station. What do others think of this as a Nat Ex coach station?

The area you mentioned is still railway land, but over the last couple of years or so, it has been built on, so would not be available for a coach station!
Cheers for that 507022. Also having looked at some recent photos on Disused Stations, I can see the area is not as vacant as it used to be.
(23/01/2016 16:54)robertclark125 Wrote:  Cheers for that 507022. Also having looked at some recent photos on Disused Stations, I can see the area is not as vacant as it used to be.

The land has been purchased and is being developed into 'Central Village' which will incorporate both the Lewis's building and Central Station

This is the link to the devlopers website, although it has not been updated since 2012 and development has been somewhat slow
To be honest Liverpool really doesn't have any spare bus station infrastructure really for a coach company the size of National Express to really feasibly use , but coaches shouldn't really impede the working of a bus station , if it does then it clearly doesn't work.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)