Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Mobile App
RE: Stagecoach Mobile App
(09/12/2015 21:55)Dentonian Wrote:  I just tried a random location on Hyde Road corridor, then went to the individual services. From there it only shows future journeys - from the start point - not from the stop I selected. Nevertheless, it was already predicting late running on journeys not due to start for up to 30 minutes. It would have been useful this morning, as it would have saved me (and dozens of others en route) standing in the cold for 18 minutes. Though I doubt its any good. How long have National Rail had it? - and that doesn't work.

It did that last week for me when I used it at Marus Bridge roundabout in Wigan, starting points and the route didn't start until an hour later. Fortunately there was an 'earlier' button which took me closer to the future and what bus was arriving next.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/12/2015 20:54)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Merseyside (Gillmoss) are going live tomorrow (10th)

Beaten me to it ...So are Rock Ferry from today (10th)
Find all posts by this user
Stagecoach website mentions that a smartphone app will launch in 'late 2015', which means if they are sticking to their word, it'll be released within the next 2 and a half weeks.

Might be a case of early 2016 though.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...nformation
(12/12/2015 20:53)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach website mentions that a smartphone app will launch in 'late 2015', which means if they are sticking to their word, it'll be released within the next 2 and a half weeks.

Might be a case of early 2016 though.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...nformation

I bet the websites just been a final few tweeks before they release the app
Apple and android users I'd still say its almost certain that it will appear on your app stores
Blackberry and Windows I'd doubt very much but no word on what it will and will not be on
Has anybody heard or found any news on the app? They said before Christmas but three weeks and a few bank holidays have come and gone and the only thing I can't find now is any metion of the app.
Just noticed as I logged into Stagecoach wifi that the app is now available from the App Store and google play
(28/09/2016 09:03)RedPanda Wrote:  Just noticed as I logged into Stagecoach wifi that the app is now available from the App Store and google play

I've just downloaded it and it looks quite useful. Having said that, it doesn't show the 53 (Crosby-QS) service as being one of its routes.
Just downloaded the app. Takes a bit of getting used to but it's picked up the 10A alright.
Shocked RE: Stagecoach Mobile App
Just tried it, & requires you to log in, register to use it, so that's me uninstalling & not using the app, at least Arriva app doesn't require log in, register to use it unless you're buying tickets.Sad

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Have to say it does look pretty good and you have tickets within the app. It's something that Arriva are looking to do. If you've used the Stagecoach mobile version of it's website, then compare it to that and I don't think you'll find a difference apart from the sign in bit when you download the app. I can only think it's easier for buying tickets when you're in a rush.
Haven't had time yet to give it a good go but what I've seen it's not a bad job. But one thing Arriva has is the live map and that's a good idea if you're unfamiliar with the area.

(28/09/2016 23:13)MTL0201 Wrote:  Just tried it, & requires you to log in, register to use it, so that's me uninstalling & not using the app, at least Arriva app doesn't require log in, register to use it unless you're buying tickets.Sad

You'd only have to log in once or if you delete the app and download it again you'll have to sign in again. It can be a faff if you forget email addresses and passwords.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)