Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
(03/12/2015 11:51)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  It wouldn't work hence the demolition of the previous one.

People would still risk running across the road and climbing over the practically knee-high barriers to get to the other side. There's also the problem of it having to be DDA compliant with the space for a ramp of appropriate gradient

That I'd say would be the only issue with a bridge and if somebody does do the unthinkable then it would cause chaos especially at Christmas and events
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The only problem with Queen Square Bus Station is the shape of it .

Inbound buses should have been diverted elsewhere allowing for two rows of bus stops for outbound buses .

Basically then you have two bus stations fit for purpose .

One where all the night buses could operate from one of the two rows to ALL destinations of Merseyside .
Find all posts by this user
(03/12/2015 15:19)wirralbus Wrote:  The only problem with Queen Square Bus Station is the shape of it .

Inbound buses should have been diverted elsewhere allowing for two rows of bus stops for outbound buses .

Basically then you have two bus stations fit for purpose .

One where all the night buses could operate from one of the two rows to ALL destinations of Merseyside .

Where else would they go to drop off passengers? Whitechapel isn't a viable option as the drop off bay is too small for such a large volume of buses - and apart from that it gets busy enough at peak times with the queue of cars waiting to enter the multi-storey car park. Lime Street isn't an option either as that also gets busy throughout the day. There's nowhere else within a reasonable proximity to the St Johns Shopping Centre where passengers could be dropped off

I've always thought it would be best if all of the South Liverpool services started and ended at Liverpool ONE with outbound services running via Great Charlotte Street in order to pick up passengers from that part of the city centre instead of Queen Square. That would free up stands in Queen Square for all of the North Liverpool (and beyond) services
(03/12/2015 21:01)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Where else would they go to drop off passengers? Whitechapel isn't a viable option as the drop off bay is too small for such a large volume of buses - and apart from that it gets busy enough at peak times with the queue of cars waiting to enter the multi-storey car park. Lime Street isn't an option either as that also gets busy throughout the day. There's nowhere else within a reasonable proximity to the St Johns Shopping Centre where passengers could be dropped off

I've always thought it would be best if all of the South Liverpool services started and ended at Liverpool ONE with outbound services running via Great Charlotte Street in order to pick up passengers from that part of the city centre instead of Queen Square. That would free up stands in Queen Square for all of the North Liverpool (and beyond) services

It may also have to include rearranging the direction of some roads in Liverpool City Centre , like Sir Thomas Street and Whitechapel and the road leading down from Dale Street. Given the will in the world it could happen but it wont .
(03/12/2015 21:01)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Where else would they go to drop off passengers? Whitechapel isn't a viable option as the drop off bay is too small for such a large volume of buses - and apart from that it gets busy enough at peak times with the queue of cars waiting to enter the multi-storey car park. Lime Street isn't an option either as that also gets busy throughout the day. There's nowhere else within a reasonable proximity to the St Johns Shopping Centre where passengers could be dropped off

I suppose at drop off point where some services terminate?
I know it would cost a lot for Merseytravel having this bridge or underground walkway again but as long as it can cope with demand and there's nobody suicidal, it would work in my mind and make a drivers life easier.
(03/12/2015 21:08)wirralbus Wrote:  It may also have to include rearranging the direction of some roads in Liverpool City Centre , like Sir Thomas Street and Whitechapel and the road leading down from Dale Street. Given the will in the world it could happen but it wont .

I really can't see that happening to be honest. The city centre is congested enough as it is without changing the direction of those roads - it would be best left as it is I think
Remember the last time they did something major to the traffic in Liverpool wasn't it done just before the 2008 City Of culture celebrations and the chaos that caused , I agree just thinking out of the box .

Well back to the subject in hand lets see how week two progresses , usually the city starts to get slowly busier now until the madness of the weekend before Christmas .

Concerning the N1 I wonder when Stagecoach may come up with the idea that a 90 minute frequency was madness .
(03/12/2015 21:35)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I really can't see that happening to be honest. The city centre is congested enough as it is without changing the direction of those roads - it would be best left as it is I think

It needs like part of St Johns centre knocking down or something on the other side demolishing but this happening in the next few years or so I'd doubt very much.

On a different note how have we managed to go from Christmas buses to QS bus station and Liam whats his name?
(03/12/2015 21:42)wirralbus Wrote:  Well back to the subject in hand lets see how week two progresses , usually the city starts to get slowly busier now until the madness of the weekend before Christmas .

Concerning the N1 I wonder when Stagecoach may come up with the idea that a 90 minute frequency was madness .

Based on last weekend the N86 has done really well so far - so hopefully the loadings of the other night bus routes also increase in the next couple of weeks

I personally think that an hourly "on the hour" frequency for the N1 would have been better (and probably more attractive to potential customers) than every 90 minutes - but on saying that it's better to have one every 90 minutes than not having a night bus between Liverpool and Chester at all. It's certainly much cheaper than a taxi
(03/12/2015 22:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Based on last weekend the N86 has done really well so far - so hopefully the loadings of the other night bus routes also increase in the next couple of weeks

I personally think that an hourly "on the hour" frequency for the N1 would have been better (and probably more attractive to potential customers) than every 90 minutes - but on saying that it's better to have one every 90 minutes than not having a night bus between Liverpool and Chester at all. It's certainly much cheaper than a taxi

Tbh from doing the first night on N1 the only call for it is between Liverpool and Birkenhead/Bromborough the other driver noticed the same

See what the 2 drivers make of it this Saturday and I will give the N1 feedback

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)