Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I hope this happens too, far too small for St Helens routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There is demand for the Solo SR here, the 17, 35 and 37 for a start

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/12/2016 17:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  There is demand for the Solo SR here, the 17, 35 and 37 for a start

Surely these routes are better with Cadets/Commanders as there are peaks when some journeys can be fairly crowded. I've said all along, instead of getting the Solo SR'S, surely Versa's would have been a more suitable vehicle purchase as regards capacity.

Also the withdrawal of the Renowns must be forthcoming - I assume the amount of stuff being cascaded in will be enough to cover for this.
Yeah , once speke and green lane get there hybrids and electric buses there will be enough to sort them out too.
According to form solo sr's was a last minute order from what ive heard and was only optare that could fulfil the order in time that arriva needed them for as streetlites was the first option im led to beleive.
(03/12/2016 11:58)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Rumour has it all st helens solos and solo sr's are to be moved to wales next year with some 61 plate vdl deckers from speke and pulsars from green lane to replace them.
If the Commanders are leaving Speke as well what will replace the Geminis?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(05/12/2016 19:18)childwallblues Wrote:  If the Commanders are leaving Speke as well what will replace the Geminis?

It won't be all of the Commanders. It'll be a mix of Commanders and Gemini 2s
(05/12/2016 19:26)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It won't be all of the Commanders. It'll be a mix of Commanders and Gemini 2s

Any idea what commands are going and where thanks
(05/12/2016 23:38)PAUL2511 Wrote:  Any idea what commands are going and where thanks

I'm not sure what Commanders are leaving Speke depot Paul but last time I heard they're going to Birkenhead to replace the DAF saloons
(06/12/2016 17:32)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I'm not suml re what Commanders are leaving Speke depot Paul but last time I heard they're going to Birkenhead to replace the DAF saloons

Thanks
(03/12/2016 17:38)T42 PVM Wrote:  There is demand for the Solo SR here, the 17, 35 and 37 for a start

The 17 can get a bit "cosy" on Widnes Market days, but they seem quite popular with passengers when they appear on the 37. I suspect also that the Solo SRs would be adequate for most journeys on the 31.

Older cast-off replacements from other depots will not be over popular if they prove to be as "reliable" as some of the Cadets in the last year or two.

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)