Current time: 03/05/2024, 09:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Boy on a bike has been hit by a car on Oldham Road in Failsworth near Tesco, which has meant the 82/83, 180/184s and X84 are being diverted along Mersey Rd North, Westminister Rd and Ashton Rd East/West (joining 76 route) in both directions. Just gone through the area now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/07/2012 11:09)SF07 Wrote:  News on the Oldham Metroshuttle 400. First are not operating it. The service is being operated by Manchester Community Transport. Mercedes minibus being used too, so not the biggest. Leaflet available from Oldham TfGM Travelshop. I imagine online version available soon.

Surprised it's being run by MCC as apposed to one of the 'local' operators. I would imagine it's the councils way of trying to inject some life back in to the town centre, although using one of them
horrid merc bread vans carn't look to good.

Incidentally, is Oldham council funding any sort of Dovestones park and ride service this year? I know First did it last year and checkmate the year before but heard nothing this year.
40341 back in service at Pioneer

what i can same about the new buses due after games is that they are like the stagecoach double deckers
(30/07/2012 17:21)Mayneway Wrote:  
(30/07/2012 11:09)SF07 Wrote:  News on the Oldham Metroshuttle 400. First are not operating it. The service is being operated by Manchester Community Transport. Mercedes minibus being used too, so not the biggest. Leaflet available from Oldham TfGM Travelshop. I imagine online version available soon.

Surprised it's being run by MCC as apposed to one of the 'local' operators. I would imagine it's the councils way of trying to inject some life back in to the town centre, although using one of them
horrid merc bread vans carn't look to good.

Incidentally, is Oldham council funding any sort of Dovestones park and ride service this year? I know First did it last year and checkmate the year before but heard nothing this year.

The good news regarding the Oldham Metroshuttle is that they'll replace the buses in September, probably with the ones that are used on the 9 in Salford at the moment.

Oldham Council's press release from last week says 'to enable a quick launch, this operator (MCT) will use its own vehicle from next week until mid-September when it will then be replaced by a fully-branded vehicle, supplied by Transport for Greater Manchester.'

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/press/article/1...own_centre

As for the Dovestones bus, I don't think it is running this year. No mention on the First website or on the Saddleworth News website and there's no timetable listed on Traveline. Guessing the demand last year wasn't sufficient enough for a service this summer.

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/
(30/07/2012 18:57)mic Wrote:  40341 back in service at Pioneer

what i can same about the new buses due after games is that they are like the stagecoach double deckers

Doesn't that mean enviro400s then as stagecoach have tonnes of them, surprises me if true as first Manchester are known more for B9s
(30/07/2012 19:23)Damien Wrote:  

Doesn't that mean enviro400s then as stagecoach have tonnes of them, surprises me if true as first Manchester are known more for B9s

dead right the B9s at the games new to them i hear are staying down south of manchesters only 37556 known to be at the games

Excellent. Be good to have something different for a change. Any other snippets that you can off load yet?
(30/07/2012 19:31)WWH44L Wrote:  

Excellent. Be good to have something different for a change. Any other snippets that you can off load yet?

not at the moment not heard anything more yet not sure what buses will be replaced yet
(29/07/2012 20:33)SF07 Wrote:  
(28/07/2012 22:50)P528LND Wrote:  I've heard Oldham are to get a free Metroshuttle Service apparently. Also I saw a bus stop at Oldham Mumps Tram Station which appeared to have a number on it. Anyone able to provide any answers by any chance? Thanks in advance Smile

According the Skyscraper forum, the service starts tomorrow (Monday), will be numbered 400 and apparently operates every 30 mins. Not sure what times it'll run though or who will operate it. First will obviously be one choice, given their presence in the town, alternatives would be Stotts, Swans Travel, Bluebird or others.

As an Oldhamer, I will have to have a look at some point this week to see if I can spot it and find more information.

the 400 is operated by man community transport using a 8 seater minibus photod it today will upload link here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3...=3&theater
Talking about Metroshuttles, spotted this photo on Flickr (credit to photographer) dated two Fridays ago of 39208 (a B5 hybrid) running the Metroshuttle 2 service in Manchester.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/selmerorselnec/7624397986/

Also, does Bolton depot run an peak-afternoon working on the X34, as I saw 39425 in the new livery going through Salford heading towards Leigh/Lowton (going off timings, I'd say the 6.12pm departure from Piccadilly).

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)