Current time: 24/04/2024, 17:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(15/09/2016 14:38)DVG526 Wrote:  Enviro400 on the X8 this afternoon, seen in Bromborough heading to Chester, no I.d sorry, 1504 ex Liverpool.

It's MX06 XAY (19022).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The internal roads in Port Sunlight are in a Conservation Zone , the 38 and 2 use what is one of the busiest internal roads in the village with the Leverhulme Hotel , Church Drive School and Christchurch , so becomes interesting to say the least at school pick up and drop off time.

You would always get a mix of people for and against this rerouting , its not the route i expected when they announced going into Port Sunlight.

stagecoach have been very canny in not running head to head with Merseyrail by passing the railway station.
Something I can't quite tell is whether route 2 is operated entirely by Chester or whether Rock Ferry have an allocation? I hope an Enviro 200-MMC will be easy to track down on this route!
(17/09/2016 21:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Something I can't quite tell is whether route 2 is operated entirely by Chester or whether Rock Ferry have an allocation? I hope an Enviro 200-MMC will be easy to track down on this route!

Rock Ferry provide the bulk of the diagrams. On weekdays, at least two are provided by Chester - they are the first two departures from Chester, and I know from observations on my lunch break that these correspond to the 1145 and 1215 departures from Liverpool. Both usually feature an Enviro200 MMC, though not infallibly so - there was a Dart/Pointer on it one day this week.

Not sure which depot provides the early northbound working from Ellesmere Port, nor what the situation is on Saturdays.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/09/2016 21:23)Quackdave Wrote:  Rock Ferry provide the bulk of the diagrams. On weekdays, at least two are provided by Chester - they are the first two departures from Chester, and I know from observations on my lunch break that these correspond to the 1145 and 1215 departures from Liverpool. Both usually feature an Enviro200 MMC, though not infallibly so - there was a Dart/Pointer on it one day this week.

Not sure which depot provides the early northbound working from Ellesmere Port, nor what the situation is on Saturdays.

Chester have 2 workings together monday to saturday these are the 2 that both finish at chester with no return...

Easy way to work out which depot bus is from

Birkenhead - Gold Enviro300
Chester - Standard E200MMC
(17/09/2016 21:23)Quackdave Wrote:  Rock Ferry provide the bulk of the diagrams. On weekdays, at least two are provided by Chester - they are the first two departures from Chester, and I know from observations on my lunch break that these correspond to the 1145 and 1215 departures from Liverpool. Both usually feature an Enviro200 MMC, though not infallibly so - there was a Dart/Pointer on it one day this week.

(18/09/2016 03:32)E208 WBG Wrote:  Chester have 2 workings together monday to saturday these are the 2 that both finish at chester with no return...

Easy way to work out which depot bus is from

Birkenhead - Gold Enviro300
Chester - Standard E200MMC

Thank you to both of you for indications of how route 2 runs. I may postpone next week's Liverpool local trip by a week but I am planning a mainly Stagecoach Liverpool / Kirkby / Chester trio for next year. It is good that Rock Ferry provides Gold Enviro300s to match route 1.
Enviro300 27772 on the 38 this afternoon.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Volvo B7RLE/Wright Eclipse Urban YJ09 FWK (21261) is on the 51 this evening

Edit : also 38410 Dart is on the 2
Was informed this afternoon that the 2 is to revert to its previous route in Bromborough
and go a different way in Sunlight Village, like the 418,they have upset lots of people
in the area with their stupid route changes

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
If the 2 has to be rerouted , then why isnt the 38/38A being rerouted as well away from the dubious roads in port Sunlight Village .

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)