Current time: 17/05/2024, 09:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
4495 on 464 today

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/08/2016 23:16)busdude Wrote:  Aren't all the Cross rivers ran by hybrids anyway? Apart from the odd normal DD being found on the 464 but that's only atleast 3 if they if its fully allocated standard deckers. I doubt they've been bought in just for the evening 423 cross rivers...and the 2s getting withdrawn so won't be for them either

Wonder if they'll put the cross river branding on them? Hopefully they won't because they look better without it. Let's hope they don't put them on the new school contracts

No, 487 is non hybrid single deck route due to low bridges in Neston & the 423 mainly has single deckers allocated.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(20/08/2016 21:46)MTL0201 Wrote:  No, 487 is non hybrid single deck route due to low bridges in Neston & the 423 mainly has single deckers allocated.

most likely to be used on the 410,the extra capacity should be useful there
Them Hybrid Gemini's would be fine for the 487 as they are low height.
Would rather have them than a streetlite tbh

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(21/08/2016 20:17)DVG526 Wrote:  Them Hybrid Gemini's would be fine for the 487 as they are low height.

The bridge they have to fit under is 13'9" and the apparent low height Gemini is 13'11"
Is it the Liverpool Road , Hinderton Road , Burton Road , West Vale or Marshland Road bridges that are the problem or a combination of them.

In the days of the 488 and 10B , the 10B saw double deckers so it couldn't be the Hinderton Road bridge that's the problem.
(22/08/2016 05:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Is it the Liverpool Road , Hinderton Road , Burton Road , West Vale or Marshland Road bridges that are the problem or a combination of them.

In the days of the 488 and 10B , the 10B saw double deckers so it couldn't be the Hinderton Road bridge that's the problem.

I belive it Liverpool Rd, Ladies Walk and Brook Street bridges which are the problem
4175 on the 407/471/472 today.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
have some mylleniums been withdrawn early as there was a few strangers in Birkenhead today in lieu of the withdrawal of the 2 maybe?.2602 and 2670 on 413/4,2669 on 492/5,2606 on 418/9.Haven't seen 2451 for a while.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)