Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Who actually owns the P&R sites though and to be honest when you look at Chester Zoo and Sealand Road at least arent very secure locations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/08/2016 18:04)wirralbus Wrote:  Who actually owns the P&R sites though and to be honest when you look at Chester Zoo and Sealand Road at least arent very secure locations.

The sites belong to Cheshire west and Chester so they wouldn't think twice about charging for parking up, boughton and Wrexham road are they same they only have pull across barriers which wouldn't stop a bus ploughing through them

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I was thinking specifically Wrexham Road and Boughton. Zoo and Sealand dont have enough security but I think Wrexham Road and Boughton would be better secure. Or maybe Little Roodee Car PArk. That is locked at night. Coach spaces. I think it could be good.
(13/08/2016 19:30)iMarkeh Wrote:  I was thinking specifically Wrexham Road and Boughton. Zoo and Sealand dont have enough security but I think Wrexham Road and Boughton would be better secure. Or maybe Little Roodee Car PArk. That is locked at night. Coach spaces. I think it could be good.

Hardly that secure give the fact that the roodee isn't far from the bad areas as you put it that's just an invitation for vandalism especially after a night out in Chester where you get drunks! It's not as secure as you think ok maybe they have cameras but they're normally only operational during the day time when its manned, there not gates as such only a barrier with wouldn't last 5 minutes, At the end of the day it's something stagecoach will have to look at, if they haven't already done so, if they have taken an outstation on then at least that will alleviate the parking problems at Chester

I think First ended up giving up the outstation at Ellesmere port down by the M53 to save money , oh how Stagecoach would have loved to have the operational flexibility to have been able to still use that outstation , it has containers now on the site so is no longer usable .

Any idea in the First days how many vehicles would be outststioned there .
(13/08/2016 20:48)wirralbus Wrote:  I think First ended up giving up the outstation at Ellesmere port down by the M53 to save money , oh how Stagecoach would have loved to have the operational flexibility to have been able to still use that outstation , it has containers now on the site so is no longer usable .

Any idea in the First days how many vehicles would be outststioned there .

I think they sold that when they purchased chesterbus give its size I think it was about a dozen maybe less, normally it was darts a couple of deckers and beavers

It would still have been useful for some of the services that stagecoach took on in Ellesmere Port , basically the same services that are now been done from elsewhere .
Buses are often outbased in other operator's yards, or haulage yards. There's plenty of space around Ellesmere Port if Stagecoach wanted to do that.
Ellesmere port closed about a year before chesterbus was bought, i was told at time that first management wished they still had it as they only had liverpool road & the extra chester work made depot very full then, i think eventually there will be some sort of facillities in ellesmere port or the building of a new depot near hooton replacing chester & rock ferry, selling liverpool road would more than pay for new depot elsewhere
Liverpool Road was going to be student accomedation at one point. Why not do that still and move up the road to the port.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)