Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(22/07/2016 01:39)acocker96 Wrote:  Including those Scania's which kept deroofing, how many JPT deckers (with JPT and former JPT) have been claimed by that same stupid bridge now?

I make that four - three in JPT service, and one ex-JPT with Stagecoach. I am not sure it is the bridges fault though......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/07/2016 22:53)Mayneway Wrote:  Reports on Facebook suggest the first of Stockports new MMCs have been delivered and contrary to reports there to be used on the 23/23a it seems they may be used on a new service between Stockport and media city/Salford quays??

The 24?.....
(22/07/2016 01:39)acocker96 Wrote:  Including those Scania's which kept deroofing, how many JPT deckers (with JPT and former JPT) have been claimed by that same stupid bridge now?

The bridge is not is stupid, as the drivers, who keep trying to take buses through it!
In bridge bashes eventually everyone needs to be proactive , the bus operator , the road authorities to ensure all signage is correct and bridge owner to ensure all possible things are done to prevent damage to said structure .
It seems to be common at the moment that there's a Enviro200 out on 23/23As during the week and it seemms to be always on the same working as well whereas I think (but could be wrong) the ALX400 Volvo B7TL seems to be on various workings but always onn 23/23As.
(22/07/2016 06:38)Owl Wrote:  I make that four - three in JPT service, and one ex-JPT with Stagecoach. I am not sure it is the bridges fault though......

It's actually more. In the early, some would say thriving days of JPT they had a number of ex Merseybus Olympians and im pretty sure a couple of them were de-roofed. The remaining examples were sold at auction at Belle Vue and for many years JPT only ran with single deckers.
(23/07/2016 09:31)Dentonian Wrote:  I have regularly seen the B7TL departing Stockport around 1600. However, even by Stagecoach and High Peak's own poor standards - and seemingly wholly within their own control - punctuality of both 199 & 203 was awful yesterday, so it was nearly 1620 when I reached Stockport. Consequently, I wouldn't have seen that departure. The Enviro200 was parked on Mersey Square just after 1630. No sign of any ST MMCs, but if I'd known I'd have 26 minutes twiddling my thumbs in the morning, I would have wandered out of the Bus Station and had a peek in the top shop on Daw Bank. AZ had 10599/600/5 out amongst their 330s, though.

Are all the AZ examples delivered and in service now then?
(23/07/2016 11:26)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't know, tbh. I've not heard anything for nearly a fortnight, but at that stage at least two hadn't been delivered, and a few more were still being prepared. However, I think 10599/600 had already left HE for AZ, so my observations probably aren't earth shattering. Similarly, I've not seen/heard anything above 10613 in service at HE.

I too have not been paying particular attention. I think it was 10598 that caused a lot of specualtion with the suggestion it may have had the wrong registration but I still haven't seen it out in service.
(23/07/2016 12:08)Dentonian Wrote:  I've not heard any reason why 10598 upwards were delayed at one stage or the other. However, the fact that some have no entered service with the registrations first worn, suggests the plates were correct all along, and it was some paperwork that was wrong. I've also rechecked my records and there is actually just one bus destined for AZ that hadn't been delivered at all a fortnight ago, and that was 10603. However, 10598 is amongst quite a few yet to be reported in service. Over at HE, 10614/5 had been delivered, but they were the highest numbered overall.
As an aside, arriving in Stockport right behind 10599 at about 1625 yesterday was Cadbury AOA 19349, also on the 330 so obviously now an AZ bus alongside similar 19350/2 (and I think, 19351)
10614 is on the X57 today.
(23/07/2016 11:00)Mayneway Wrote:  It's actually more. In the early, some would say thriving days of JPT they had a number of ex Merseybus Olympians and im pretty sure a couple of them were de-roofed. The remaining examples were sold at auction at Belle Vue and for many years JPT only ran with single deckers.

You are right - I was thinking about more recent times, starting with one of the "M" reg Scanias

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)