Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
FM36 operating in Manchester today having being in Preston recently. Was out of service, but as it terminated at stand B on Oldham Street, I'm guessing it's based at Middleton depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/07/2016 20:37)SF07 Wrote:  FM36 operating in Manchester today having being in Preston recently. Was out of service, but as it terminated at stand B on Oldham Street, I'm guessing it's based at Middleton depot.

It's been here for a while to replace the deroofed president
How long is FM36 going to be at Middleton for and am I right in thinking the deroofed President is away being fixed?
(19/07/2016 05:55)M60lad Wrote:  How long is FM36 going to be at Middleton for and am I right in thinking the deroofed President is away being fixed?

The de-roofed President is being/has been scrapped. Why would they repair a non standard vehicle that's over 10 years old. I very much doubt it's sister has long left either.

FM36 is actually at Middleton while one of the Enviro200's (one of the MX59) is away being repaired.
Cheers and thanks Mayneway, I actually found out this yesterday by a friend of mine who used to work at Middleton but is now at Gillmoss and looking at pictures the Enviro200 looked in a right mess
(19/07/2016 21:57)Mayneway Wrote:  The de-roofed President is being/has been scrapped. Why would they repair a non standard vehicle that's over 10 years old. I very much doubt it's sister has long left either.

Given that both were officially in reserve prior to 16968s mishap, I don't forsee either having a future...
(21/07/2016 17:37)mbonwick Wrote:  Given that both were officially in reserve prior to 16968s mishap, I don't forsee either having a future...

I'm sure you will agree though that being In reserve dosen't mean that there withdrawn. It's diffcult to make out in the photo but I'm pretty sure it had a ticket machine at the time of de-roofing so it could in theory been used in service - obviously it won't ever again now Smile

I've lost count of the number of times I've read on here or been told that 16949 has been put into reserve and won't see further use or it's been withdrawn completly only for it to reappear back in regular service - incidentally is it still in use at Daw bank?
Reports on Facebook suggest the first of Stockports new MMCs have been delivered and contrary to reports there to be used on the 23/23a it seems they may be used on a new service between Stockport and media city/Salford quays??
(21/07/2016 22:50)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm sure you will agree though that being In reserve dosen't mean that there withdrawn. It's diffcult to make out in the photo but I'm pretty sure it had a ticket machine at the time of de-roofing so it could in theory been used in service - obviously it won't ever again now Smile

I've lost count of the number of times I've read on here or been told that 16949 has been put into reserve and won't see further use or it's been withdrawn completly only for it to reappear back in regular service - incidentally is it still in use at Daw bank?

Well it was in service on the 23a yesterday
(21/07/2016 17:37)mbonwick Wrote:  Given that both were officially in reserve prior to 16968s mishap, I don't forsee either having a future...

Including those Scania's which kept deroofing, how many JPT deckers (with JPT and former JPT) have been claimed by that same stupid bridge now?

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)