Current time: 05/05/2024, 03:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(26/07/2012 18:28)SF07 Wrote:  Lots of Stagecoach buses in action for the Olympic shuttles from Piccadilly to Old Trafford. Spotted 16509, 19078, 19079, 19120, 19289, 19450, 19507 and 19529.

Also, 19258 had a little problem this morning, as it was parked up at Oldham bus station for around an hour while an engineer worked on it.

I went to the match at Old Trafford. The buses were really out in force and had their work cut out as it was so busy. I actually went on 19258 to get to the match from Piccadilly so the problem must have been sorted. There seemed to be a lot more buses from Newcastle on the road than the 7 Manchester already had. I don't know if Manchester have loaned some more, or if they were just visiting to help out for the day.
Magic buses were out as well as Hybrids. All hands to the deck really. Went on 19078 coming back to Piccadilly. 19530 was just behind it. 12127 helped out also as well as many others.
I was amazed at how smoothly everything went despite the huge crowds and I think Stagecoach deserve a big round of applause for the way they managed the situation. To be able to provide all those buses and run a normal service at the same time, especially now with so many buses away in London, and also to shift the crowds away in the quick and efficient manner they did takes quite some organising. Well done to all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It really was a mammoth task however we had been planning this for a few weeks. At 4pm we had a fright as one of the TfGM supervisors was told the Metrolink had gone down but fortunately it didn't. Some management were also out to make sure things went ok.
It was brilliant, 2 of our management were there till past 11pm, and we even ended up helping Metrolink with 4 buses to Altrincham once we had shifted our crowd
There were a lot of TfGM staff in their hi-viz vests around Piccadilly and the tram stops trying to organise things and help any passengers, along with Stagecoach staff. Saw one TfGM staff member running down Piccadilly to stop some shuttle buses from pulling in at the temporary 219 stop, as there were already three shuttle buses at the old 219 stop and needed room for the 219 that was sandwiched in with the other shuttles. Certainly were kept on their toes yesterday.
I was on the 378 on 22231 a short while ago .The front part of the doors were well and truly knackered and wouldn't open/close properly.The driver was radioing for advice/assistance when I got off.
TfGM article on the 9 being replaced by the 50 from 2 September:

http://www.tfgm.com/tfgm_news.cfm?news_i...nuheader=4
19379, 19382, 19383, 19446 and 19209 have joined us from Newcastle. So it appears we now have 12 buses from there.
(27/07/2012 12:22)gilbert Wrote:  I was on the 378 on 22231 a short while ago .The front part of the doors were well and truly knackered and wouldn't open/close properly.The driver was radioing for advice/assistance when I got off.

That seems to be happening a lot with the Single Deckers at the moment. The same thing happened on 2 buses this morning, 33091 and 22157.
2 broken down Magic Olympians today near Belle Vue. 16798 and 16799. I think the end may be nigh for these. It's the second time this week 16799 has broken down. I also saw it on Tuesday being attended to by mechanics.
is staff shuttle 49752 SF 51 JWV still in use has been reported not in use at Hyde RD

User(s) browsing this thread: 65 Guest(s)