Current time: 07/05/2024, 04:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(02/07/2016 16:31)acocker96 Wrote:  What actually happens in a VF? I presume it mainly involves learning the dash and binnacle layout etc. I haven't really got a clue.

It's basically where drivers familiarise themselves with a particular vehicle type, as you say mainly dashboard layout etc.
When rumours first started a few years ago that pioneer were to get a batch of B9's, each driver was taken out with a trainer and would take the bus on a route to get the hang of the bus, but haven't seen any this time round with the enviro.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2016 14:39)james Wrote:  it has been at pioneer for at 2 weeks now first arrived about 21/6 22/6 along with 30964 back on loan as well

Any idea why an Enviro has been loaned and not another B9? Oldham and queens road arnt exactly short of B9s but I wonder whether the loan of an Enviro has been done purposely so drivers can familiarise themselves with the vehicle so they can be loaned or possibly allocated to Dukinfield in the future Smile

Why does there always seem to be loans at Duky? One of the heritage B9s was there a few weeks ago and I seem to spot B9's or Solos with 'on hire to Pioneer' on virtually a daily basis. Surly it would make more sense to just give Dukinfield a couple of extra deckers permanently which would solve the problem.
(02/07/2016 20:08)Mayneway Wrote:  Any idea why an Enviro has been loaned and not another B9? Oldham and queens road arnt exactly short of B9s but I wonder whether the loan of an Enviro has been done purposely so drivers can familiarise themselves with the vehicle so they can be loaned or possibly allocated to Dukinfield in the future Smile

Why does there always seem to be loans at Duky? One of the heritage B9s was there a few weeks ago and I seem to spot B9's or Solos with 'on hire to Pioneer' on virtually a daily basis. Surly it would make more sense to just give Dukinfield a couple of extra deckers permanently which would solve the problem.

cant divulge to much as still unsure upstairs dont know whats happening i can tell you 2 buses are perm off road atm a marhall and a solo the Enviro400 33834 was swapped with the solo this morning as it broke down and died right on a busy junction. but there is not a single spare in pr today so that im sure speaks volumes.
(04/07/2016 10:50)james Wrote:  cant divulge to much as still unsure upstairs dont know whats happening i can tell you 2 buses are perm off road atm a marhall and a solo the Enviro400 33834 was swapped with the solo this morning as it broke down and died right on a busy junction. but there is not a single spare in pr today so that im sure speaks volumes.

I know in recent months I've heard snippets from drivers suggesting things have improved a lot at Dukinfield But by the sounds of it things are slipping again. Wouldn't be surprised if a driver shortage is on the cards in the near future.

Don't know how true it is but apparently Stagecoach's Ashton depot is the only stagecoach depot in Manchester that dosen't need to advertise externally for drivers because there's a waiting list of drivers wishing to transfer from Pioneer.
Funny you should mention that Mayneway as I keep hearing the same about Stagecoach's Ashton Depot that it's always fully staffed and any vacancies that do arise usually get filled by drivers wanting to transfer from other Depots and even then there's still a waiting list as you say.

As for First's Dukinfield Depot, I've even noticed myself the recent lack of Darts in service
(05/07/2016 06:03)M60lad Wrote:  Funny you should mention that Mayneway as I keep hearing the same about Stagecoach's Ashton Depot that it's always fully staffed and any vacancies that do arise usually get filled by drivers wanting to transfer from other Depots and even then there's still a waiting list as you say.

As for First's Dukinfield Depot, I've even noticed myself the recent lack of Darts in service

the darts are being phased out and replaced as a major fault develops rather than fix it they are withdrawing them atm left at pr is 41780/3/7 41786 was vor last week after dying on 389.

atm the solos 40318/21/22 are mid term replacement as these were withdrawn stock sat at om
we have said bye bye to 41781/4/5 replaced by the above
Sorry I'm a bit late reporting this. On successive days around June 14th/15th the 22 journey from Bolton to Stockport at 7.35 used Volvo B9TL 36279 & 36280.
Looks like more cutbacks to services in September. The 110 and X35 have been cancelled on VOSA.

PC0003680/255 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Manchester Shudehill Bus Station and Manchester Trafford Centre given service number 110 effective from 04-Sep-2016.

PC0003680/604 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Edenfield and Manchester given service number X35 effective from 04-Sep-2016.
(13/07/2016 20:46)SF07 Wrote:  Looks like more cutbacks to services in September. The 110 and X35 have been cancelled on VOSA.

PC0003680/255 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Manchester Shudehill Bus Station and Manchester Trafford Centre given service number 110 effective from 04-Sep-2016.

PC0003680/604 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Edenfield and Manchester given service number X35 effective from 04-Sep-2016.

Ouch with the 110
110 only runs to/from Pendleton from Shudehill as it is now with 52 doing the Pendleton-Eccles/Trafford Centre section is it was only a matter of time before 110 was withdrawn.

As for X35 quite a shock if I'm honest as I thought this peak express service was quite well used

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)