Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Selwyns
RE: Selwyns
(12/05/2016 10:40)Mayneway Wrote:  There's a big difference price wise between second hand DDA complient deckers currently for sale with Ensign and brand new MMC Enviro 400's so I very much doubt DDA is a major factor in them buying the MMCs.

True but as we are owned by RATP group now the money issue would not be a problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/05/2016 18:12)chris-s Wrote:  True but as we are owned by RATP group now the money issue would not be a problem.

Presumably there main use will be on schools but I suspect they will see limited use on private hires, but when I see the one that seems to be allocated to Manchester glide past my house every afternoon on the 864, it just suggests there getting paid way to much by TFGM to operate it Smile but as you say money is clearly not an issue where RATP are concerned.
There's a Plaxton bodied Selwyns coach next to my plane at Manchester Airport it's next to my A380 to Dubai

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Can anyone point me in the direction of an up to date Selwyns fleetlist please.

Also, does anyone know what the double deckers at Sharston depot were this afternoon, would the four new 16 reg be on?

Cheers. Pete.
(18/06/2016 21:40)pete tierney Wrote:  Can anyone point me in the direction of an up to date Selwyns fleetlist please.

Cheers. Pete.

The most recent one I'm aware of is http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/Sel...ravel.Html.

Looks mostly accurate except that FN62 CJU should be CDY

Since that was last updated, I believe the following have gone:
179, 180, 181
131 and 139 (unsure whether 132 and 140 have also gone but I believe they were supposed to have)

Berkhof YN06 TFY has become SHZ 9024

New additions are twelve tri-axle NatEx Volvo/Caetano Levantes: 235-240, BD65 JEJ/JEO/JEU/JFA/JFE/JFF, and 249-254, BX16 CJZ/CKA/CKC/CKD/CKE/CKF.

Plus the four Enviro400 MMC that you mentioned.

There may well have been other changes I'm unaware of, I don't claim to be well-informed on this particular fleet.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/06/2016 16:05)Quackdave Wrote:  The most recent one I'm aware of is http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/Sel...ravel.Html.

Looks mostly accurate except that FN62 CJU should be CDY

Since that was last updated, I believe the following have gone:
179, 180, 181
131 and 139 (unsure whether 132 and 140 have also gone but I believe they were supposed to have)

Berkhof YN06 TFY has become SHZ 9024

New additions are twelve tri-axle NatEx Volvo/Caetano Levantes: 235-240, BD65 JEJ/JEO/JEU/JFA/JFE/JFF, and 249-254, BX16 CJZ/CKA/CKC/CKD/CKE/CKF.

Plus the four Enviro400 MMC that you mentioned.

There may well have been other changes I'm unaware of, I don't claim to be well-informed on this particular fleet.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.
(22/06/2016 19:13)pete tierney Wrote:  Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

186,187,188 have been withdrawn and returned to lessor. 37 has been sold on. 131, 132, 139, 140 was forwarded to London United. 142, 144 are now in all over white withdrawn and up for sale.
Hope this helps
(22/06/2016 20:04)chris-s Wrote:  186,187,188 have been withdrawn and returned to lessor. 37 has been sold on. 131, 132, 139, 140 was forwarded to London United. 142, 144 are now in all over white withdrawn and up for sale.
Hope this helps

Thanks Chris, this is a big help. Would you know if the D/Ds I saw on Saturday from outside of the Sharston depot would include the four new one's? I think there were seven or eight dds visible with the "new shaped" ones lined up on the left.
Cheers Pete
(23/06/2016 09:17)pete tierney Wrote:  Thanks Chris, this is a big help. Would you know if the D/Ds I saw on Saturday from outside of the Sharston depot would include the four new one's? I think there were seven or eight dds visible with the "new shaped" ones lined up on the left.
Cheers Pete

To be honest Pete I would not know as I'm Runcorn based but would assume that the new ones would be parked up. If you have a high vis vest to hand you could try and ask can u go and take some pics.
Chris, Do you know if Selwyns ever go in for Service work? (TFGM Contracts ect)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)