Current time: 08/05/2024, 17:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(30/03/2016 17:50)326VFM Wrote:  I will coming around Helms depot on Friday morning to take photograph of 21249 and 21251 before heading down to Ensign by weekend.

One of the two (21249 I think) will be heading down very early on Friday morning. The other will be staying until at least Monday before being taken down there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/03/2016 17:56)YK53 GXO Wrote:  One of the two (21249 I think) will be heading down very early on Friday morning. The other will be staying until at least Monday before being taken down there.

Okay, Thanks for inform me, I might come around on Thursday afternoon approx 3-4pm to see them before going. Hope both together not separate for photos.
Regards.
Trident LK03 GHH (128) and Enviro 200 YX65 RFN (121) have now received vinyl's and writing for the 'Inter-the-city' livery. Also, continuing the trend of Rail-Link buses being named after characters from the Cinderella film; 121 has received the name 'Bruno' (relating to the name the dog) and 128 has received 'Lucifer' (the name of the cat).

Trident X5 ACL (125) is now withdrawn.

Aintree Trident V532 ESC is back in the Helms depot, to be used as a spare school bus now 125 has been withdrawn.

Two more 53-plate Scania OmniDekka's are due here in a couple of months. Once they arrive, V532 ESC will return to Aintree.

In the future (towards the end of this year), ready for forthcoming DDA changes, V137 MEV will be transferred to Aintree depot in exchange for Scania GB03 ACL, and deckers which do not have side or rear destination blinds will be fitted with them, therefore making the entire fleet DDA-compliant.
Trident X367 NNO (126) has now been given the registration plate of X5 ACL. It has returned to service this week following a minor engine fault.

X5 ACL has reverted back to it's original reg of X261 NNO.

Trident LK03 GHH (128) will re-enter service next week, sporting it's new 'Inter-the-City' livery on the City-Rail-Link route.
Helms will be running the contracted Wirral 'Real Ale Trail' on this Saturday 4th June, using buses YX12FRD (119), YX12GGV (120) and SN16OGP (122). The sevice will operate at 45 minute intervals between 11am and 10pm, serving various pubs along it's route through towns such as New Brighton, Hoylake, Moreton, Irby, Heswall.
(02/06/2016 16:31)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Helms will be running the contracted Wirral 'Real Ale Trail' on this Saturday 4th June, using buses YX12FRD (119), YX12GGV (120) and SN16OGP (122). The sevice will operate at 45 minute intervals between 11am and 10pm, serving New Brighton, Hoylake, Moreton, Irby, Heswall etc.

Is this a new thing as never heard of it before
Aintree Trident V539 ESC is being painted into a white livery, for the use as a wedding private hire bus alongside Routemaster HKF 151 (RM1289).

Solo MX09 AOL (108) will be transferred to Aintree depot permanently during the summer, to make way for another new Enviro200 in due course.

Cadet CB54 BUS (115) and Dart OU04 FMV (114) are currently on the market, however have not been sold as of yet. Once these are sold, 2 more Enviro200s will be acquired - therefore making the S/D fleet standard.

Two more Ex-Go Ahed Metrobus Scania OmniDekka's are due shortly, these will be from a similar 53-plate batch. These will replace Trident V137 MEV (137).

Double Deck vehicles W5 ACL (123), X5 ACL (126), AW04 XCK (127), LK03 GHH (128) and YN03 DFA (129) will be given treatment shortly to make them DDA compliant. Also, 127 will be painted into standard fleet livery over the summer.
(16/06/2016 18:28)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Double Deck vehicles W5 ACL (123), X5 ACL (126), AW04 XCK (127), LK03 GHH (128) and YN03 DFA (129) will be given treatment shortly to make them DDA compliant. Also, 127 will be painted into standard fleet livery over the summer.

I thought buses newer than 2001 where built as DDA compliant anyway? Or do they only need some minor work to bring them back up to spec?

I am no longer active on this forum.
(16/06/2016 18:33)R879 HRF Wrote:  I thought buses newer than 2001 where built as DDA compliant anyway? Or do they only need some minor work to bring them back up to spec?

Yes, just some slight modifications to be made. eg. Side/Rear blinds and ramps on the single door ex-London buses etc
(16/06/2016 18:36)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Yes, just some slight modifications to be made. eg. Side/Rear blinds and ramps on the single door ex-London buses etc

Ahh of course! Thought it couldn't be much

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)