Current time: 06/05/2024, 23:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Couldn't catch any fleet numbers but Oldham's had some unusual allocations, a dart on a Manchester bound 184 about 8.25 and streetlite and b7tl on the 409
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/06/2016 12:44)acocker96 Wrote:  Couldn't catch any fleet numbers but Oldham's had some unusual allocations, a dart on a Manchester bound 184 about 8.25 and streetlite and b7tl on the 409

There was a 53xxx Solo on the 181 yesterday.
someone on Facebook said there was a Dart on the 184 to Huddersfield so its all been going on today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
While the ex Rusholme Streetlite was out on 409s a branded 409 Enviro400 was out on Broadway Chadderton routes (24,181,182s).

Seemed to be that Rochdale was having a Dart free day for a change yesterday though as 454/457s seemed to be mainly Enviro300s and 182 even had a Enviro300 allocated as well.

409 allocation seemed to be very up the wall with the following noted:

Branded 409s
2X ALX400 Volvo B7TL
1X ex Rusholme Wright Streetlite
Unbranded Enviro400
Dart on the 83 to Oldham Mumps this afternoon at around 6pm.
(15/06/2016 07:08)M60lad Wrote:  While the ex Rusholme Streetlite was out on 409s a branded 409 Enviro400 was out on Broadway Chadderton routes (24,181,182s).

Seemed to be that Rochdale was having a Dart free day for a change yesterday though as 454/457s seemed to be mainly Enviro300s and 182 even had a Enviro300 allocated as well.

409 allocation seemed to be very up the wall with the following noted:

Branded 409s
2X ALX400 Volvo B7TL
1X ex Rusholme Wright Streetlite
Unbranded Enviro400

B7s are quite often on the 409 espically off peak during the day.
Streetlites and eclipses tend to appear on late evening 409's along with Enviro300's. Many moons ago it was suggested drivers on permanent lates at Oldham got to choose what vehicles they used not sure if that's still the case.

In regards to Firsts Enviro400's. I've noticed certainly late at night some drivers choose to have only lights on along one side of the saloon both down and upstairs. Got to say considering their such modern vehicles it dosen't half make them look uninviting.
I know some drivers aren't to keen on the ex Rusholme Enviro400s as they are slightly different to the original batch and I believe the interior lighting is brighter as well which creates a glare on the front windscreen which is why some of them only have one bank of lights on to reduce the glare
409-branded 33708 on the 425
First Group may consider closing one of the First Manchester depots to save money. Would imagine that, if true, the options would be merging Dukinfield into Oldham, Bury into Bolton and/or Queens Road and maybe Rusholme into Queens Road.

http://www.passengertransport.co.uk/2016...wth-slows/
I'd say it's 80% likely to be Dukinfield and 20% possibly Bury. These are the only depots with underfunding I can think of.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)