Current time: 06/10/2024, 06:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Think there was rumours around a few months ago that some of these would be off to pastures new when new buses arrived, that time has obviously arrived.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2016 06:08)Gillmoss-elite Wrote:  Looks like 24161/2/3/4 have been taken out of service parked on the fence no ticket machines and do not move steering wheel covers on.... Strange when the versas and darys are supost to be going

Be nice if they came to Rock Ferry but I highly doubt it

Are the 55 and 06 plate tridents still in use at Gillmoss?
(25/05/2016 08:29)E208 WBG Wrote:  Be nice if they came to Rock Ferry but I highly doubt it

Are the 55 and 06 plate tridents still in use at Gillmoss?

18441/2 were out last week.....can't say I've seen any of the others but one (18385?) was reported out of service for a bit at Gillmoss....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
There are 2 183** on the back wall with 18440 after another engine failure the 1st being when i had it on rail replacement and being dragged back from warrington, all with no machines and 24163 is 1 of the best I've driven smooth and will happily pull up netherfield with a full load
34799 (along with 34794/34800) were on loan to Middleton (Manchester) for use during yesterday's strike by First Oldham & Queens Road depots. 34799 heading out of Manchester with a 118 https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/26633143874/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Just had a spin on 10542 on the 82. Fairly impressed with the engine/voith noise of it, was expecting them to be much quieter. Inside is a bit plastic looking but very neat and tidy, overall fairly impressed. One other thing to mention is why they can't spare a few for the Heswalls and stick the Enviro400s on the 14/82/86 where they can see out their days getting wrecked.
(25/05/2016 13:56)DVG526 Wrote:  Just had a spin on 10542 on the 82. Fairly impressed with the engine/voith noise of it, was expecting them to be much quieter. Inside is a bit plastic looking but very neat and tidy, overall fairly impressed. One other thing to mention is why they can't spare a few for the Heswalls and stick the Enviro400s on the 14/82/86 where they can see out their days getting wrecked.
A couple of things to note from your post. Perhaps the 14/82/86 make more money than the 471/472 and do you have evidence that buses get wrecked on the routes that you mention. As a regular user of the 86 I have seen no evidence of your claims.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(25/05/2016 17:41)childwallblues Wrote:  A couple of things to note from your post. Perhaps the 14/82/86 make more money than the 471/472 and do you have evidence that buses get wrecked on the routes that you mention. As a regular user of the 86 I have seen no evidence of your claims.

Historically, Wirral based vehicles have always been in better condition than those in Liverpool due to the poor road surfaces, general wear & tear and vandalism.

As for revenue I'm sure the 472 is high enough on the profitability scale to warrant new vehicles and im sure the MMCs would be more appreciated by its clientele rather than some of those who use the 14/82/86..

Having ridden on, and driven all these routes many times down the years, I think I am entitled to give an opinion that is all, and no offence is meant to the many well behaved regular users of these services.
(25/05/2016 21:03)DVG526 Wrote:  Historically, Wirral based vehicles have always been in better condition than those in Liverpool due to the poor road surfaces, general wear & tear and vandalism.

As for revenue I'm sure the 472 is high enough on the profitability scale to warrant new vehicles and im sure the MMCs would be more appreciated by its clientele rather than some of those who use the 14/82/86..

Having ridden on, and driven all these routes many times down the years, I think I am entitled to give an opinion that is all, and no offence is meant to the many well behaved regular users of these services.
Anyway the new buses are for Liverpool services full stop. However I am sure that updated buses will appear for the 471/472 in the next year or so.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Whether stagecoach gets new buses for the 471/2 will depend on whether the 471/2 will remain a joint service .

User(s) browsing this thread: 78 Guest(s)