Current time: 16/04/2024, 11:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I also didn't like today how I had to wait forty minutes for that frigging bus, then it came and by the time I got off, it was p*ssing it down and I got soaked. If that earlier one had come, I probably would have missed the rain! Not on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/06/2012 19:15)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(05/06/2012 18:21)Nicholas Wrote:  I'd forward that to the Traffic Commissioner - you've got good evidence there.

If I knew how to, I would! People even walked away from the 600/1bus stop in Leigh today just outside of the bus station in that lay-by thing and didn't come back, so I assume that they walked it to wherever they were going! It's not just First that are at it too, twice now the FIRST South Lancs Travel 126 of the day from Leigh has rolled up late for me! It came at like 9:25-9:30ish when it should have come at 9:15 on Saturday 26th May. People were complaining saying that it's a frequent thing and it's making them late for work. A passenger made a similar remark on the 601 that set off at about 16:30 from Leigh today. Are they having a laugh these companies or what? Yeah traffic blah blah blah, but really, traffic around the Atherton and Leigh area on a Saturday at that time in the morning? Bull, I've never seen it 'drastically' bad at that time in my life, and I go out a lot around there! As for First with staff shortages, surely they'd get some reserve staff going? Oh yeah, sorry, that is too costly. It takes the mick.

On Saturday 2nd June too, I was on 66932 on the 600 with an 'unfamiliar'-looking driver. Coincidently, a Wigan-based driver was on the bus. I happened to over-hear a conversation they had when the Wigan-based driver got off the bus, and the driver of the bus said that he was from the Bolton depot. Even better, he said that he wasn't even a driver, and if I remember correctly, he said that he was the 'pits manager' or 'pits supervisor' or something! Is this what it's really come to? What a disgrace. It's funny how other companies like Arriva and Maytree never seem to have inconvenient 'staff shortages' all of the time isn't it?! Imagine if you were going on holiday and then oh dear the plane is cancelled because of a 'staff shortage'. Really?

Rant over!!! Smile

we need more small firms to take them on then they would run to time
i would love that but most small firms in greater manchester are running low on space in their depots now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/06/2012 19:22)mic Wrote:  
(05/06/2012 19:15)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(05/06/2012 18:21)Nicholas Wrote:  I'd forward that to the Traffic Commissioner - you've got good evidence there.

If I knew how to, I would! People even walked away from the 600/1bus stop in Leigh today just outside of the bus station in that lay-by thing and didn't come back, so I assume that they walked it to wherever they were going! It's not just First that are at it too, twice now the FIRST South Lancs Travel 126 of the day from Leigh has rolled up late for me! It came at like 9:25-9:30ish when it should have come at 9:15 on Saturday 26th May. People were complaining saying that it's a frequent thing and it's making them late for work. A passenger made a similar remark on the 601 that set off at about 16:30 from Leigh today. Are they having a laugh these companies or what? Yeah traffic blah blah blah, but really, traffic around the Atherton and Leigh area on a Saturday at that time in the morning? Bull, I've never seen it 'drastically' bad at that time in my life, and I go out a lot around there! As for First with staff shortages, surely they'd get some reserve staff going? Oh yeah, sorry, that is too costly. It takes the mick.

On Saturday 2nd June too, I was on 66932 on the 600 with an 'unfamiliar'-looking driver. Coincidently, a Wigan-based driver was on the bus. I happened to over-hear a conversation they had when the Wigan-based driver got off the bus, and the driver of the bus said that he was from the Bolton depot. Even better, he said that he wasn't even a driver, and if I remember correctly, he said that he was the 'pits manager' or 'pits supervisor' or something! Is this what it's really come to? What a disgrace. It's funny how other companies like Arriva and Maytree never seem to have inconvenient 'staff shortages' all of the time isn't it?! Imagine if you were going on holiday and then oh dear the plane is cancelled because of a 'staff shortage'. Really?

Rant over!!! Smile

we need more small firms to take them on then they would run to time

i agree

progress is slow but steady on Bury Depot 60265s rebuild at mercedes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/russbuspics...otostream/
(05/06/2012 16:43)mic Wrote:  was waiting for a 350 today at Uppermill home to Mossley and yet again been a bank holiday it did not turn up ended up getting 354 at 14.05

also a 58/59 branded bus on service 184

(05/06/2012 18:25)M60lad Wrote:  Re the 58/59 branded on 184 think I can answer this one, with the past 2 days being a Bank Holiday its been a Sunday/Public Holiday service on quite allot of routes in Greater Manchester and this means that some services that dont interwork with each other do or do end up doing during the day and I'm sure this still happens with 59s & 180/184s with services starting off as one service and sometime during the afternoon/early evening changing to operate the other service, I saw the same when I was on my way home last night and imeddialy thought that the wrong bus had been allocated to the wrong route but then realized what day it was

Yes, the 59 interworks with the 180/184 at Manchester on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Also spotted 58/59 branded buses on the 180/184 in the last couple of days. Can be a bit peculiar if a 58/59 branded bus ends up on the 184 to/from Huddersfield on a Sunday.
I dont actually think the Huddersfield trips interwork with anything during the day so I think seeing a 58/59 branded vehicle on a Sunday/Bank Holiday in Huddersfield will be minimal to say the least.

Meanwhile back to the staff shortage and failed service situation in Wigan another thing to remember is that for some reason unlike Stagecoach Manchester I don't think First Manchester are allowed to carry spare drivers anymore so if their short of drivers that's it the service/s won't run as there's no-one to cover the service/s
why can a company not be allowed to carry backup drivers? all its going to do is push them more into the red zone ready for miss bell to make them withdraw the service and give it to someone else may that be on a tender or if a company says we will do it commershal

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/06/2012 06:09)M60lad Wrote:  I dont actually think the Huddersfield trips interwork with anything during the day so I think seeing a 58/59 branded vehicle on a Sunday/Bank Holiday in Huddersfield will be minimal to say the least.

Huddersfield buses do interwork with the 59 on Sundays, as it's an all First Manchester service. Monday-Saturday sees First Manchester's Huddersfield journeys interworking with other 180/184s (15 min wait in Manchester), while Huddersfield depot obviously doesn't interwork with anything.

Saw a 59 arrive in Manchester that turned into a 184 to Huddersfield one Sunday, plus a couple of weeks ago (just before the 180/184 branding was introduced), I caught a 184 to Huddersfield on a Sunday which had 58/59 branding on it.
Bolton 37411 on the 582 today! Has got a side advert for Men in Black 3.
(03/06/2012 12:16)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Does anyone know what's going on with 31938? I've not seen it in service in Wigan for ages now, but it's still at the depot apparently! :P

Its does Runshaw college! Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 64 Guest(s)