Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(19/03/2016 19:30)wirralbus Wrote:  I notice there is sign up now saying Bellway Homes coming soon on land just past that unfinished junction.

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
To be known as Kings Hill

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
It makes you now wonder whether the junction there is being paid by developer contributions.

Once that junction is implemented it will be yet another junction to be signalised on that road .
With Arriva cancelling and withdrawing vehicles from the X2 from Chester to Ellesmere Port, from the 15th May 2016 will Stagecoach Chester be increasing the Pvr to cover for the withdrawal

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I think Arriva are still running it but from Laird Street not Chester. Different ops license.
From what CWaC website implies arriva have cancelled it full stop!
http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk...anges.aspx

(22/03/2016 21:56)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  I think Arriva are still running it but from Laird Street not Chester. Different ops license.

If it is being changed on to a laird street registration what is the latest date for that registration ?
From what I have read on Arriva Chester Depot thread , they have sighted the fall in revenue on Arriva's share of the route, coupled with the increase in usage of Stagecoach's Smartcard has lead to this decision for them to cancel the route and withdraw the vehicles, from that I would find it highly unlikely that they are transferring the route to Laird street as having dead mileage and the reduced revenue on their share would make more of a loss. From CWaCs point if that was the case that it was being transferred i'm sure they wouldn't advertise the fact that the route was being cancelled as members of the public who use the service probably wouldn't know which branch of Arriva are operating the service.

(23/03/2016 00:09)wirralbus Wrote:  If it is being changed on to a laird street registration what is the latest date for that registration ?

For Arriva to operate their current journeys on the X2 from Laird Street would incur more dead mileage than the current arrangement, so I can't see that happening realistically.

Given that Stagecoach drivers reckon that the X2 is quite a money-spinner, I wouldn't be surprised if the Arriva diagrams are taken up by an extra roster from Stagecoach Chester. It only needs 1 vehicle & would be more cost efficient for Stagecoach to run than Arriva.

Can't see it being cut to hourly - especially if it does make money.
I wonder how much effect the X8 has had on this decision..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)