Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Depending on what Chester Council want, I could actually see it being the B7RLEs that go.

If it was me in charge, once MAN Enviro300s became spare, I'd;
send 28513/4 to Rock Ferry to replace 21236/48
send 7x all-ADL Enviro300 to Chester to replace 7x B7RLE (the other 13 being directly replaced by new E200MMCs for P&R). Obviously this is dependent on council wishes.
Release 25225-8 for cascade
Then there's also some potential for deckers to be moved around, either resulting in an upgrade to the DD fleet (i.e. replacement of the ex-London stock in conjunction with the Enviro400s coming back from Sheffield), or an increase in capacity (I'm thinking mainly of the 2/2A in Preston going all DD rather than having 3 Dart boards and the rest DD)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/03/2016 14:05)mbonwick Wrote:  Depending on what Chester Council want, I could actually see it being the B7RLEs that go.

If it was me in charge, once MAN Enviro300s became spare, I'd;
send 28513/4 to Rock Ferry to replace 21236/48
send 7x all-ADL Enviro300 to Chester to replace 7x B7RLE (the other 13 being directly replaced by new E200MMCs for P&R). Obviously this is dependent on council wishes.
Release 25225-8 for cascade
Then there's also some potential for deckers to be moved around, either resulting in an upgrade to the DD fleet (i.e. replacement of the ex-London stock in conjunction with the Enviro400s coming back from Sheffield), or an increase in capacity (I'm thinking mainly of the 2/2A in Preston going all DD rather than having 3 Dart boards and the rest DD)

Are the Sheffield Enviro400's only loans? Certainly excellent news if the 30 double deckers are on the way!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(03/03/2016 11:53)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  News coming in of 30 brand new deckers, some time this year, to be split between 20/21 and 82/86 routes.

This is really good news but what is the total PVR for these routes? I suspect it's more than 30. Having said that, it would not surprise me if there was a plannned reduction in frequency with these higher capacity vehicles. At the moment, the daytime frequency on the 20/21 is every five minutes and it would not surprise me if this was reduced to every 7/8 minutes thus reducing the PVR.
(03/03/2016 16:49)Barney Wrote:  This is really good news but what is the total PVR for these routes? I suspect it's more than 30. Having said that, it would not surprise me if there was a plannned reduction in frequency with these higher capacity vehicles. At the moment, the daytime frequency on the 20/21 is every five minutes and it would not surprise me if this was reduced to every 7/8 minutes thus reducing the PVR.

The PVRs are as follows:

20/21: 29
82: 13
86: 16

When the new deckers arrive there'll be a total of 53 deckers at Gillmoss - assuming that the current decker fleet stays the same between now and then
So more or less a half/half allocation once the deckers arrive.
(03/03/2016 15:38)gka472l Wrote:  Are the Sheffield Enviro400's only loans? Certainly excellent news if the 30 double deckers are on the way!

Apparently the arrangement is "on loan for as long as Sheffield need them". I believe Yorkshire are expecting some new/cascaded deckers this year (at the very least to replace their S-reg Tridents)...
17272 has moved from its spot in the yard, whether or not its on the pits though i dont know.
Also, Metroline LK03 CEJ is in the yard. Looks like it may have been towed in.
(04/03/2016 05:45)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  17272 has moved from its spot in the yard, whether or not its on the pits though i dont know.
Also, Metroline LK03 CEJ is in the yard. Looks like it may have been towed in.

Former Metroline TP403 that is.....a lot of these have been sold to Ensign recently.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
I saw a red Trident being towed up the slip road from M57 to East Lancs last night around 00:30 so I guess this is the same one?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Funny enough I've just seen a Stagecoach Enviro400 Trident on London Rd and by the looks of things a driver was being put through his training/test, maybe with the proposed rumour of new deckers we may see more occasions of this happening

Good to hear about the proposed deckers however!

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)