Current time: 01/06/2024, 22:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
(21/02/2016 18:36)childwallblues Wrote:  You cannot assume that. Did a Lancashire Day Ranger last month we had a 150/142 combination from MCV to BBN. Most passengers including our group went to the rear unit which was 142090.
A lot depends on were the exit from the platform is.

Also, 142090 is a NE unit with more comfortable 2 x 2 seating than the NW ones!
Find all posts by this user
(23/02/2016 19:39)Gordon V Wrote:  They aren't installing automatic ticket gates at Lime St for now so things will remain as they are for the time being

Thanks Gordan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/02/2016 20:16)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  The debranding process has started!

Saw a few units today with Northern names and web addresses removed. On the 319's only the small Northern logo at the cab ends of the DTS coaches has gone, the Northern Electrics branding has stayed.

Noted that the Northern logo on quite a few station signs has been covered over too.

SD.

why are they debranding?
(24/02/2016 23:19)telf23 Wrote:  why are they debranding?

Arriva will be taking over the operation of the Northern franchise on April 1st and they will be using a different livery and branding to the current franchise operator Serco-Abellio
150114 on the 0920 Lime St-Manchester Vic and 1102 Manchester Vic-Lime St due to the failure of 319371
(25/02/2016 00:12)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Arriva will be taking over the operation of the Northern franchise on April 1st and they will be using a different livery and branding to the current franchise operator Serco-Abellio

The current Northern Rail logo is the Intellectual Property of Northern Rail Limited (an Abellio/Serco joint venture.) As Arriva is a different company, opposed to a company who has taken over Northern Rail Limited, they have no rights to use the current logo unless they buy those rights from Northern Rail Limited.
(25/02/2016 10:32)knutstransport Wrote:  The current Northern Rail logo is the Intellectual Property of Northern Rail Limited (an Abellio/Serco joint venture.) As Arriva is a different company, opposed to a company who has taken over Northern Rail Limited, they have no rights to use the current logo unless they buy those rights from Northern Rail Limited.

I know that's the case. Telf23 asked why Northern Rail are in the process of debranding and I explained that as it's a new company taking over the operation of the Northern franchise there will be a new name, branding and livery. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the Northern Rail livery (or the interiors) so I won't be too sad to see those go. The Arriva Rail North livery does look really smart (based on the rendering of the new Civity UK units) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new interiors will look like too
(25/02/2016 15:35)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I know that's the case. Telf23 asked why Northern Rail are in the process of debranding and I explained that as it's a new company taking over the operation of the Northern franchise there will be a new name, branding and livery. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the Northern Rail livery (or the interiors) so I won't be too sad to see those go. The Arriva Rail North livery does look really smart (based on the rendering of the new Civity UK units) and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new interiors will look like too

I was adding to what you said not disagreeing.

I imagine the CAF mockup shows a Northern Connect livery opposed to the standard Northern livery.
(25/02/2016 16:25)knutstransport Wrote:  I was adding to what you said not disagreeing.

I imagine the CAF mockup shows a Northern Connect livery opposed to the standard Northern livery.

I apologise for misreading your post in that case

In that case it'll be interesting to see what the standard Northern livery is going to be. Going by the main colours that are used on Arriva Rail North's website I would have thought the main livery would consist of silver/grey and dark blue which is quite a nice contrast I think. Hopefully we won't be waiting too long to find out anyway
I wonder how long the transformation will take. I remember when Northern took over, trains were in a million and one different liveries for quite a few years until things settled down. The Northern Electrics logo for example is quite large on the 319's, so unless it is temporarily painted over with a similar colour, it could look quite messy.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)