Current time: 27/04/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
MMC 10466 arriving in Oldham on a early evening 76 journey last night.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Theres about 4 in Service now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/02/2016 17:10)Dentonian Wrote:  The first four (10463-6) are indeed in service. Pretty sure no more are, although reports elsewhere suggest at least 8 more have arrived. I actually caught 10466 this afternoon, and it thinks its a hybrid! About 4 times (in my 20 minute journey) it stalled, but each time the driver was able to restart it immediately. This was the only (HE) MMC I saw today, but my obs covered well over half of Hyde Road corridor workings. None amongst the (few) 15, 38, 250/X50 etc I saw either. In fact, two of the X50s were 19083/98 which is actually quite sensible as I believe these Euro3s are more "pokey" than the Euro4s, so it makes sense to run them where there is oppurtunity to reach 30 mph for long spells.

Are you sure it stalled and just does not have stop/start like 80027
Does the stop/start thing only kick in when the hand break is used?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/02/2016 17:10)Dentonian Wrote:  The first four (10463-6) are indeed in service. Pretty sure no more are, although reports elsewhere suggest at least 8 more have arrived. I actually caught 10466 this afternoon, and it thinks its a hybrid! About 4 times (in my 20 minute journey) it stalled, but each time the driver was able to restart it immediately. This was the only (HE) MMC I saw today, but my obs covered well over half of Hyde Road corridor workings. None amongst the (few) 15, 38, 250/X50 etc I saw either. In fact, two of the X50s were 19083/98 which is actually quite sensible as I believe these Euro3s are more "pokey" than the Euro4s, so it makes sense to run them where there is oppurtunity to reach 30 mph for long spells.

Photographed 10467 (SN65 OAZ) Friday afternoon on route 206

Les.
(07/02/2016 18:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  Does the stop/start thing only kick in when the hand break is used?
The stop/start technology can happen with or without hand break applied but wont happen if its on any kind of slight incline in the road.
Has 36422 transferred from Ashton to Stockport? It was on the 313 this morning.
(08/02/2016 14:09)gilbert Wrote:  Has 36422 transferred from Ashton to Stockport? It was on the 313 this morning.

It's possible although I havevt seen the fleet card.
I was told 1 possibly 2 more if the evolutions are now also in use at AZ - they were at Wigan, so it would in theory free up Enviro200's.
(08/02/2016 14:31)Mayneway Wrote:  It's possible although I havevt seen the fleet card.
I was told 1 possibly 2 more if the evolutions are now also in use at AZ - they were at Wigan, so it would in theory free up Enviro200's.

19004 is back at AZ as on the 237s today.
19168 has transferred over to Sharston to join 19166/7 in the magic bus fleet
(08/02/2016 20:46)Dentonian Wrote:  36421/2 have been reported "on loan" at Stockport, and with more Enviro400s due to transfer to MagicBus, plus the extra morning peak working on 347, I would think more than 19004 would be needed at Ashton. 19083/98 were still working from HE yesterday, though.

I've seen a photo of 19633 on the 216 today.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)