Current time: 04/05/2024, 03:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(16/01/2016 21:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Sounds like bad routing. Made all the more unfathomable because the 197 is the only HE service terminating in Albert Square, whilst the only roure that regularly sees (non-Magic) Tridents allocated is 168/9, which is remote from the city centre.

When you passed through Stockport, did you notice that 20982 was still parked up in the compound between the depot and the bus station - despite it being reported as "sold". Wonder if 20983 has been sold instead.

Yes, I have looked and seen 20982 in the yard by Stockport bus station & garage earlier this week.

(30/01/2016 16:35)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The MMC's have entered service. Two were on the 203 today including 10464

I look forward to seeing them and potentially riding them soon.

I wonder whether these early Enviro400-MMCs at HE were behind a shock I experienced this morning. You know how I have often found the Saturday 08.32 197 from Albert Square to Stockport to be worked by a Trident recently? Well, today it was a 63-reg Enviro400-MMC! This route does seem to see more 63-reg than 12-reg Enviro400-MMCs these days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/01/2016 19:29)Mayneway Wrote:  I wonder if the former Bluebird owner now regrets that decision. Apparently he recently criticised Stagecoach management himself for their lack of investment and 'enthusiasm' for the Middleton base, and as for it being slap bang in First territory, yes your right it is but they have hardly been threatening towards First.

I doubt it. He was the one that wanted out to persue other (more profitable) interests.
Having been witness to his anti-Stagecoach comments on Facebook I personally find him rather arrogant. He couldn't understand that school work doesn't require new vehicles, nor that the average age of the depot is now lower (and the fleet more standardised) than before.

He also makes a big show of his policy of buying "at least" 2 new vehicles per year - which, unless I'm missing something, hasn't happened since 2009/10! And let's not mention the collection of non-DDA darts and B6LEs he had....

I agree that Stagecoach haven't been particularly threatening with Middleton - and the JPT situation won't have helped (even now the depot still has a slightly larger spare fleet than a "normal" depot) - but it is a useful asset to have, should First (or even Stagecoach themselves) decide to get competitive.
(30/01/2016 21:33)mbonwick Wrote:  I doubt it. He was the one that wanted out to persue other (more profitable) interests.
Having been witness to his anti-Stagecoach comments on Facebook I personally find him rather arrogant. He couldn't understand that school work doesn't require new vehicles, nor that the average age of the depot is now lower (and the fleet more standardised) than before.

He also makes a big show of his policy of buying "at least" 2 new vehicles per year - which, unless I'm missing something, hasn't happened since 2009/10! And let's not mention the collection of non-DDA darts and B6LEs he had....

I agree that Stagecoach haven't been particularly threatening with Middleton - and the JPT situation won't have helped (even now the depot still has a slightly larger spare fleet than a "normal" depot) - but it is a useful asset to have, should First (or even Stagecoach themselves) decide to get competitive.

Thanks for that.
I remember reading his comments and being quite shocked but couldn't for the life of me remember where I actually read them.

You are right the last new vehicles he purchased were the Solo SR's in late 2009, although wasn't there a 11 reg one -not sure if that was bought new or was second hand. As you say he had and still does have other business interests and lost interest in the business. I'm not sure to the reason as to why they suddenly started acquiring so much junk in the years that followed.
19328 is in Chinese Stagecoach livery

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(01/02/2016 00:44)SLTRegular Wrote:  19328 is in Chinese Stagecoach livery

I posted about that here a couple of days ago
(31/01/2016 01:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Thanks for that.
I remember reading his comments and being quite shocked but couldn't for the life of me remember where I actually read them.

You are right the last new vehicles he purchased were the Solo SR's in late 2009, although wasn't there a 11 reg one -not sure if that was bought new or was second hand. As you say he had and still does have other business interests and lost interest in the business. I'm not sure to the reason as to why they suddenly started acquiring so much junk in the years that followed.

The 11 Reg Solo was bought new, and you are correct to say that it was the last newly bought bus. I can only assume that the reason behind the purchase of older buses was that the funding dried up, and they could't afford newer ones. They quickly sold on a good number of the newer buses that had been purchased at that time.
(01/02/2016 07:21)Owl Wrote:  The 11 Reg Solo was bought new, and you are correct to say that it was the last newly bought bus. I can only assume that the reason behind the purchase of older buses was that the funding dried up, and they could't afford newer ones. They quickly sold on a good number of the newer buses that had been purchased at that time.

The funding comment is an interesting one. The former owner of BB was and still is a very wealthy man. It's fair to say that he had a lot of other business interests and took a back seat role before the takeover leaving others in charge of the day to day running while he concentrated on other things. Clealy he was unwilling to invest any more money into the company hence thier very obvious struggle towards the end, so it makes his comments regarding Stagecoach slightly strange.
(29/01/2016 16:56)gilbert Wrote:  ''Misallocated?'' In your opinion.
In mine,all customers [on whatever route]should be entitled to travel on their fair share of the better buses

I've just seen 10465 operating the 1031hrs X57 from Moss Lane/Ack Lane, Bramhall towards Piccadilly. Smile Unfortunately I was walking the other way at the time.
Since the recent timetable change 17612 has now transferred from HE to Sharston Depot which means Sharston have the folliowing non-Magic Tridents allocated to them now:

17202, 17612, 17671
17671 was stretching its legs out to the Airport on a 105 yesterday

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)