Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(18/01/2016 09:32)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I did think there was one stretch of the 10A somewhere around Whiston hospital where the ticketing rules differed but I can't remember it/the specifics of it well enough to really say with any certainty.

I'm sure Toll Bar in St Helens was a cut off point. A few years ago many of the Stagecoach drivers wouldn't accept any Arriva pass. A few would would allow some passes but none would take the Arriva student pass. I can remember pulsars being jam packed and Stagecoach had a few standing.

We seem to be a tad off topic from the St. Helens fleet and depot and I'd like to know what others who use QBP schemes think and if its a wider issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4.20 Day Ticket used to only be valid between Preston and Liverpool, apart from that all paper tickets have been accepted, i would know as i do live on the route

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(18/01/2016 10:49)T42 PVM Wrote:  4.20 Day Ticket used to only be valid between Preston and Liverpool, apart from that all paper tickets have been accepted, i would know as i do live on the route

I think you mean between Prescot and Liverpool, not Preston.
Find all posts by this user
(18/01/2016 13:13)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think you mean between Prescot and Liverpool, not Preston.

I had to question that as well, easy mistake to make
As stated all the Arriva NW&W and Stagecoach Day/Week passes etc are valid for the entire of the Stagecoach 10A.

The cash fares do vary after Prescot though, IIRC (from Liverpool) it is £2 as far as Lyme Grove (just before the roundabout for the M57), then grauduated fares up to £3 all the way to St Helens Bus Station.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
4174 as been out so far on the 31 today
(18/01/2016 10:39)RedPanda Wrote:  A few years ago many of the Stagecoach drivers wouldn't accept any Arriva pass. A few would would allow some passes but none would take the Arriva student pass. I can remember pulsars being jam packed and Stagecoach had a few standing.

Student multi-journey tickets aren't valid on Stagecoach (and vice versa) as they aren't part of the agreement
(18/01/2016 18:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Student multi-journey tickets aren't valid on Stagecoach (and vice versa) as they aren't part of the agreement

And monthly tickets are not either
4611 is out on 89 lates
(18/01/2016 19:27)motormayhem1 Wrote:  And monthly tickets are not either

I've had many a rant about this - its a farce that Merseytravel allows routes to fly under the QBP flag when the operators disregard such huge numbers of passengers without any explanation. It's not my fault both Arriva and Stagecoach want to operate the same route - a person can only buy one ticket, so both operators should honour each others tickets so long as they share the route. Merseytravel should also enforce this as a QBP regulation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)