Current time: 07/05/2024, 21:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(26/11/2015 15:16)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Also depends on the reason too as people could sneak on or have a dodgy pass and when a revenue inspector gets the passenger tells them they paid and the driver never gave ticket and they wouldn't know its the truth untill cctv is downloaded etc but it does depends on the drivers record too.

Without going into too much detail in this instance the driver seemed to be caught red handed. The passenger clearly paid and me and several other passengers confirmed this to the inspector, he even waited for his ticket but the driver simply handed him his change and carried on driving.
I do wonder if they will go back through CCTV to other duties this driver has worked. Potentially it could be hundreds even thosands of pounds that's been effectively pocketed other a period of time, not really worth the risk in today's big brother enviroment.

I know technology is more advanced now but going to school in the early 90's revenue inspectors were quite common, jumping into buses and checking tickets yet these days it rarely seems to happen. I'm not saying all drivers are at it but it obviously still goes on and on the other hand fare evaders do often get away with travelling with dodgy tickets or or non alone.

I wonder on say a monthly basis how many 'standard fare' £50 fines stagecoach Manchester actually issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/11/2015 22:05)Dentonian Wrote:  What I would say though, is that Stagecoach still lose a lot of revenue through drivers having "no change" for passengers seking to buy DaySavers and Weekly Tickets. Having said that, in the case of DaySavers its largely the company's own stupid fault for charging £4 and ten measly pence. Are they really so short-sighted as to think the extra 10p rise would not be lost in terms of goodwill, free rides (as above) and delays whilst the driver fiddles around for 90p in various cominations of silver, rather than a single one pound coin?

Looking at this point i think First have hit the nail in the head by introducing Change Vouchers, Am all for that and i think every company should adopt a Policy along these lines

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Morecambe depot have been issuing change vouchers for a while now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
A while? Several years is more accurate!
I remember myself and friends getting change vouchers travelling to/from school. That's at least 4 years ago, and probably more like 6 because of the fare change in 6th Form.
Only been back 3 yrs and noticed when I was cleaning out the cabs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
(27/11/2015 00:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looking at this point i think First have hit the nail in the head by introducing Change Vouchers, Am all for that and i think every company should adopt a Policy along these lines

In 99% of instances from what I've seen on first services the change vouchers seem to work ok but I've witnessed a couple of incidents where passengers have been unhappy when they have been issues with them and things have become confrontational.
I've also witnessed somebody pulling over a bus simply to try and change his voucher - he wasn't even wanting to travel lol.

Having said that it always seemed to work well in Preston (not sure if they still do it), but with First it's a fairly new concept so a lot of people don't realise it's even in place. I just wonder if it's actually reduced getting on and trying to pay with large notes.
The Enviro 400 working on the 634 needs to stop especially when the 600 is still worked by single decks

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
either way it's silly surely they could swap the duties round for a few hours?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(27/11/2015 23:00)SLTRegular Wrote:  either way it's silly surely they could swap the duties round for a few hours?

It's an extremely poor excuse. Same seems to happen locally to me where deckers will be allocated to a service that carries no more than a handfull of people per journey and could be done perfectly well with a Solo, yet sees a decker most days as it interworks with a school at 3pm, all while other local services have to make do with single deckers that struggle capacity wise.
Couldnt they use the solos they got for shuttle buses on there as after all slt used solos on the 634.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)