Current time: 03/05/2024, 01:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(22/11/2015 13:33)mbonwick Wrote:  The problem is 17111/3 haven't had new Euro5 engines (at least to my knowledge), so their transfer to Manchester doesn't help the situation.

The ex-Gillmoss lot (17272 etc) have however had new motors so will be permanent transfers.

Correct 17111/3 havnt been upgraded to Euro5

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Am I correct in assuming that GM is to receive Enviro400s cascaded from Preston now that the new Golds have gone into service on the 125? If so, how many are expected and for what purpose?
(22/11/2015 18:11)Barney Wrote:  Am I correct in assuming that GM is to receive Enviro400s cascaded from Preston now that the new Golds have gone into service on the 125? If so, how many are expected and for what purpose?
Already here or due. 19031-45 can appear on any route but the 14 or 82/86 are favourites.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Although Gillmoss is gaining more double-deckers, I notice these are Tridents or early Enviro400s. There seems little chance of GM gaining new double-deckers soon. GM will be a bit like Network Warrington for having modern single-deckers but older than average double-deckers.
Well, given that you have 56 plate Enviro400s replacing 55 reg darts, I can't see what there is to complain about?
(22/11/2015 19:17)mbonwick Wrote:  Well, given that you have 56 plate Enviro400s replacing 55 reg darts, I can't see what there is to complain about?

Quite agree, ok Gillmoss could do with more but its a step forward!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/11/2015 19:17)mbonwick Wrote:  Well, given that you have 56 plate Enviro400s replacing 55 reg darts, I can't see what there is to complain about?

At least September 2006 makes them mid life as such , probably means that there here until something better is offered to them .

I don't think that it is us in Liverpool that are complaining. Getting 56 reg Enviro 400 to replace slightly older Darts has to be a good deal.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(23/11/2015 08:44)wirralbus Wrote:  At least September 2006 makes them mid life as such , probably means that there here until something better is offered to them .

The ones that I have been on are very good all round vehicles and it's hard to believe they're nearly ten years old. However I think that these Enviro400s should be joined at Gillmoss by further deckers as and when they become available - rather than replaced by something newer as you have suggested. Gillmoss needs more deckers - but as Terence has said this is a good step forward
5 of the 13 enviro 400s will be transferred out to sheffield with tridents coming to gillmoss.
One is currently in chorley having work done
One from birkenhead
And 19045 from preston

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)