Current time: 01/06/2024, 23:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Even a small presentation delay at Ardwick can make a difference to whether you get in on time , as the signallers will take precedence to services that are on time .

It may even not be your train that is the problem but a service that is in the platform your train is going to use that is late departing the station , there is so many reasons .
Find all posts by this user
Looks like theres a problem at Wigan North Western as the last Preston - Liverpool Train was 1 min late until there and then ended up 50 late, its currently at Thatto Heath an hour late!

EDIT: Its gone through Thatto Heath without stopping, This is disgusting for a last Train!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Due to this track defect the stopping service from Manchester Victoria to Huddersfield is presently terminating at Greenfield , a replacement bus service is operating from there to Huddersfield .
(18/11/2015 00:27)T42 PVM Wrote:  Looks like theres a problem at Wigan North Western as the last Preston - Liverpool Train was 1 min late until there and then ended up 50 late, its currently at Thatto Heath an hour late!

EDIT: Its gone through Thatto Heath without stopping, This is disgusting for a last Train!

Might have been unavoidable if the driver was close to the maximum permitted hours.

Although, if Northern didn't provide replacement buses/taxis or put passengers up in hotels for the night after cancelling the last service from some stations they are in breach of EU law.
Fifty minutes late wouldn't have caused a Drivers hours issue. It's not like PCV and LGV Drivers anyway.

In a case like this transport will have been provided, if needed.

SD.
Problem is at that time theres no one to know someone needs a replacement Bus, no customer Service to ring and no one at the ticket office to arrange it either

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(20/11/2015 18:36)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Fifty minutes late wouldn't have caused a Drivers hours issue. It's not like PCV and LGV Drivers anyway.

Really? Northern have terminated a lot of services short or missed out stations for delays of under 50 minutes and given staffing hours as the reason for doing that. Maybe it's a case of a number of crew members not being willing to finish late?
Last services are not normally cancelled to anywhere , they will run even if extremely late .
(21/11/2015 14:59)wirralbus Wrote:  Last services are not normally cancelled to anywhere , they will run even if extremely late .

Well tonight the 23:19 of Lime Street (last Man Vic) got Cancelled and they where currently trying to organize a last min Rail rep when i was walking through for my Train

That Rail Replacement will more than likely if it is last minute be taxi's .

Wonder whether it was unit shortage or staff shortage .
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)