Current time: 08/05/2024, 12:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(09/11/2015 11:09)motormayhem1 Wrote:  2577 now out in service

On the 89 today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/11/2015 16:49)507022 Wrote:  On the 89 today
It's on 10A lates now!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/11/2015 21:36)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  It's on 10A lates now!

Welcome to the dark art of allocating
(11/11/2015 21:57)wirralbus Wrote:  Welcome to the dark art of allocating

Although the 10/10A is a double decker route I personally don't think a Commander on 10A lates is a poor allocation
(11/11/2015 23:19)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Although the 10/10A is a double decker route I personally don't think a Commander on 10A lates is a poor allocation

Hear hear, Stagecoach use single decks and nothing gets said about that, and Arriva coped with them until last year
These comments and posts are getting very repetitive and boring now in the various threads - at least the bus turns up! No one knows why its on there except the depot allocator, at least 9 times out of 10 there is a genuine good reason!!
Couldn't agree more mr t.
Im not saying its a bad thing to have a single decker on a route where a whole array of double deckers where bought for .

Its amazing how some areas of Arriva can maintain a double deck service with double deckers and other areas can not .
(12/11/2015 12:38)wirralbus Wrote:  Im not saying its a bad thing to have a single decker on a route where a whole array of double deckers where bought for .

Its amazing how some areas of Arriva can maintain a double deck service with double deckers and other areas can not .

And where else does Arriva maintain a double deck service every day???
How do you know Arriva maintain a double deck service every single day all day??? There will always be instances Unless the depot is 100% double deck, anything can happen!
(12/11/2015 16:27)mr t Wrote:  And where else does Arriva maintain a double deck service every day???
How do you know Arriva maintain a double deck service every single day all day??? There will always be instances Unless the depot is 100% double deck, anything can happen!

Although I always like to see single/double decks to their designated routes I fully understand that there will be times - such as last night with 2577 being allocated to the 10/10A - where it may not be possible. I do think however that St Helens should make use of their allocated DLPs where possible to reduce the possibility of having to put a single decker out on the 10/10A

As you say anything can happen - with a larger than usual amount vehicles off the road for maintenance or repair a depot's number of spare vehicles is quickly reduced. It will then become a case of whatever can go out in service goes out regardless of whether it has one deck or two. It's far better (if the need arises) to have the odd one or two single deck substitutes than no bus at all
That still doesn't real answer the question with regards evening services , you could get away with that argument during the daytime .

The 10/10A does not need the full requirement of DD's at night that St Helens have .

I will leave it at that because we are just going round a roundabout without exiting otherwise , pardon the pun.

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)