Current time: 05/05/2024, 02:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(01/11/2015 08:28)R971XVM Wrote:  19511- 19514 transferred from Hyde Road to Sheffield
19326 - 19329 transferred from Stockport to Hyde Road
4 Hybrids to be transferred from Sheffield to Stockport

Anyone for bus roulette?

Presumably the 4 hybrids transferring from Sheffield to Stockport are for use on the 192?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seems the increase in frequency of X34/34 doesn't come without its drawbacks as from what I've been told and seen recently some duties are being covered by various drivers from other Stagecoach Depots and Stagecoach Subsidies due to the continuing driving shortage at Wigan Depot, I know there's a couple of drivers from Hyde Road currently on loan to Wigan Depot at the moment and from talking to one of them who I know last night he seems to think he'll be covering at Wigan until after Christmas or into the New Year at least
Does anyone know where 18293 is now based?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/11/2015 15:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  Does anyone know where 18293 is now based?

Last reported as being withdrawn by East Midlands at Lincoln.
(01/11/2015 15:55)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Last reported as being withdrawn by East Midlands at Lincoln.

Darn, Cheers for that!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18293 should now be in service at Lincoln, along with the other ex-Manchester Lolynes.
Previously it was being prepped for service, though it did venture out on Hull Fair services.
(01/11/2015 21:28)mbonwick Wrote:  18293 should now be in service at Lincoln, along with the other ex-Manchester Lolynes.
Previously it was being prepped for service, though it did venture out on Hull Fair services.

I'm sure I read somewhere that no sooner had 18284 arrived it very quickly lost it's daft round headlights in favour of original trident ones making it look very smart once again.
Do we know why Manchester stuck them god arful non standard headlights on the front?
(01/11/2015 09:25)Mayneway Wrote:  Presumably the 4 hybrids transferring from Sheffield to Stockport are for use on the 192?

Why? There are 40 Hybrids already on that route? And 19326-19329 are NOT amongst them.
(01/11/2015 21:35)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm sure I read somewhere that no sooner had 18284 arrived it very quickly lost it's daft round headlights in favour of original trident ones making it look very smart once again.
Do we know why Manchester stuck them god arful non standard headlights on the front?

They were ALX400 headlights - presumably somebody thought it would be a great way to reduce the spare parts catalogue!
Manchester have a history of doing this - many if not all of their B10Ms received round ALX style headlights in place of the original rectangular design.

I can confirm that 18284 is back to proper East Lancs style lights now
(01/11/2015 23:04)gilbert Wrote:  Why? There are 40 Hybrids already on that route? And 19326-19329 are NOT amongst them.

I still see standard diesel Enviro400's on the 192 and the part route college runs are mainly run by standard Enviro400's so they will presumably mainly see use there. Having said that most of ST's hybrid's do see use on other services mainly in evenings and on Sundays.

Carnt see why they would go to so much trouble otherwise, both Hyde Road and Ashton could do with extra hybrids, Ashton in particular seems to be short of deckers!

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)