Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(02/09/2015 10:42)MPTE1955 Wrote:  I do actually agree with you, but for QBP purposes these deckers are hardly matching the arriva ones when arriva have deckers on 14's for example.

Yes I agree also that performance is the best criteria. However, along with many comments over the years, why aren't there many more decker on Merseyside? Are there any plans for new dockers and an increase in total numbers as many buses are often packed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/09/2015 11:35)rod_259 Wrote:  Yes I agree also that performance is the best criteria. However, along with many comments over the years, why aren't there many more decker on Merseyside? Are there any plans for new dockers and an increase in total numbers as many buses are often packed?

I'm not sure about Stagecoach but Arriva's Green Lane and St Helens depots are due more double deckers next year
(02/09/2015 13:22)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I'm not sure about Stagecoach but Arriva's Green Lane and St Helens depots are due more double deckers next year

Does look like Arriva will be a majority double decker operation before long , this particular arriva management seems to have an aversion to single deckers unlike stagecoach which seems to have an aversion to double deckers , which of these companies is more profitable .
Only reason Arriva's Decker count is going down in Manchester is due to the fact they lost a load of School Work and i would not say theres any other service that requires Deckers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Vehicle policy can differ from region to region and sometimes can depend on who is in charge. We only have to look at merseyside as an example, the person in charge before now thought it was a good idea to have single decks, a lot of them darts. Meanwhile the latest person says no, we need deckers and orders loads of deckers instead.
56 Plate Enviro 400 on 86c today.
Are we getting a batch of these? Much nicer than the older ex-Magic Bus.

Bus enthusiast.
Most traveled route - 86/A/C
Favourite route - 120 Paignton-Kingswear
Favourite 'older' bus type - Marshall darts
Favourite new bus type - Optare Solo SR
(03/09/2015 11:14)px55efc Wrote:  56 Plate Enviro 400 on 86c today.
Are we getting a batch of these? Much nicer than the older ex-Magic Bus.

Probably 19031 which transferred from Preston recently, no idea if any more are coming but with the 125 between Preston & Bolton getting new Gold Scania's soon, displacing the '59 ' plate ones (15563-84), maybe Gillmoss may get more cascades from up that way? Shaun821 probably best one to ask!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Apologies for the discrepancies. A well cared for alx400 is a great bus, and as new were much nicer than the enviros.

I do hope for some of the 59 plates to join. Much better than 10-15 year old deckers we keep getting.

Bus enthusiast.
Most traveled route - 86/A/C
Favourite route - 120 Paignton-Kingswear
Favourite 'older' bus type - Marshall darts
Favourite new bus type - Optare Solo SR
17839 is in the yard, looks like its been towed in.
Also 28538 was being used yesterday but today was getting towed around the yard, didnt look too good.
18442 on the 86C today.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)