Current time: 16/05/2024, 11:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(09/08/2015 00:39)Shaun821 Wrote:  27714 has been involved in an accident which has caused quite a bit of damage to the front nearside of the bus, the platform is all bent and the front is in bits.

I assume this is the crash that happened near the Depot due to some of the Traffic Lights being out?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2015 00:39)Shaun821 Wrote:  27714 has been involved in an accident which has caused quite a bit of damage to the front nearside of the bus, the platform is all bent and the front is in bits.

Ah, that's what the damaged one I could see today was....went to see if 18440/1 were visible for a photo but they were boxed in in the corner by the side road.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2015 00:40)T42 PVM Wrote:  I assume this is the crash that happened near the Depot due to some of the Traffic Lights being out?

Yep, it got reported about 23:00 on Friday night and nothing got done about it until yesterday morning when the crash happened.
(06/08/2015 15:47)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Having had a look at the Stagecoach West fleet card if it's seven Tridents that are due to cascade to Gillmoss then I'm guessing that they'll be 18438-43 and 18447. Considering there are currently ten Tridents at Gillmoss (including short wheelbase 17449) are more deckers due to arrive or are some staying?

Nevertheless I'm pleased to see some more modern double deckers arriving as I'm a big fan of the Alexander-bodied Tridents so I'm looking forward to seeing them entering traffic

I couldn't see any more deckers coming in replacement of 10 out going Tridents to be honest.. As we know Gilmoss always get the poor deal when it comes to double deck buses.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(09/08/2015 22:26)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  I couldn't see any more deckers coming in replacement of 10 out going Tridents to be honest.. As we know Gillmoss always get the poor deal when it comes to double deck buses.
Do we know that? Does the management have a preferred policy of only having a few deckers on the books?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I've seen reported elsewhere that 4 of the Versa's have gone to Stagecoach West in exchange for the Tridents, 25229/31-3 are the ones to depart Merseyside. Info from here http://www.stevenknightmedia.com/fleet-news-ramblings .

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
That is a bit of a surprise as I was under the impression that the incoming tridents were to replace the ex-london tridents. So effectively that still leaves some buses that need replacing.
18378, 18385 & 18442 arrived from Gloucester today.
Not sure if it's already been mentioned or not but 27703 has had its 14 branding removed (not sure if it's had a repaint or not though).

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/08/2015 00:16)YJ59 AZA Wrote:  Not sure if it's already been mentioned or not but 27703 has had its 14 branding removed (not sure if it's had a repaint or not though).

It hasnt been repainted, you can still see where the branding was.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)