Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I couldn't see Maytree running it commercially, tbh.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does anybody have a definitive list of which buses have gone/are going from Manchester to the Olympics?
Thanks
As suspected. I wonder what will happen to the Versas - do Maytree actually have any form of ownership over them or are they solely owned by TfGM? If the latter they could even move to do work for another company, couldn't they?

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Got to have a rant today over Stagecoach.
Do they not teach drivers basic geography?
Was on a 236 this morning going to Glossop, while the bus was loading in Ashton I counted 3 passengers in the space of 5 minutes asking the driver whether the bus went past or near to locations which the 236 does actually serve, the driver clearly had no idea where he was going so consulted his running board, as all 3 wern't listed as timing points he said no, when in all three cases it actually does.

For a small depot like AZ you would think the drivers would be given some form of basic training to key locations on their routes, and we're not talking small tiny locations, one passenger who got on asked whether the bus went past Tameside college and was told NO.

Anyway I'm not sure what the driver did on his return journey as his running sheet blew out of the window as he drove down mottram moor, he looked pretty panicked Smile

Rant over
Well, maybe you can do the decent thing then and pipe up and help out rather than wondering why drivers don't know their geography. The countless times that I've been asked whether I go down a particular road / near a particular church / school / temple / hotel / shopping centre and I haven't known the first time and had to ask other passengers who, lets face it, know their patch a lot better than us drivers ever will. I know South Manchester pretty well where I grew up but outside of that I'm still learning as I go along. 99% of the time the passengers help out, 1% of the time someone like your good self will be wondering "God, doesn't he know where such and such a place is"

If I ever route learn the 236 I'll take a note of local landmarks, but anything that's not directly on the route I won't know until it's pointed out to me or I move there.
(18/07/2012 18:59)R971XVM Wrote:  Well, maybe you can do the decent thing then and pipe up and help out rather than wondering why drivers don't know their geography. The countless times that I've been asked whether I go down a particular road / near a particular church / school / temple / hotel / shopping centre and I haven't known the first time and had to ask other passengers who, lets face it, know their patch a lot better than us drivers ever will. I know South Manchester pretty well where I grew up but outside of that I'm still learning as I go along. 99% of the time the passengers help out, 1% of the time someone like your good self will be wondering "God, doesn't he know where such and such a place is"

If I ever route learn the 236 I'll take a note of local landmarks, but anything that's not directly on the route I won't know until it's pointed out to me or I move there.

saw the Queens jublilee liveried bus today in Ashton 19005
Saw a couple of MANs operating on the 76 today, one was 22158, the other might have been 22102.

Also went past Salford Central train station earlier where I noticed road markings for three 'bus stands' on Gore Street (no shelters or bus stops yet), which will be used for the 50 from September (and presumably other services in the future). In addition to that, also noticed that the stop names appear on Google Maps, don't know if that's a recent thing or if it's been there for a while.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe...CAYQ8gEwAA
(18/07/2012 18:59)R971XVM Wrote:  Well, maybe you can do the decent thing then and pipe up and help out rather than wondering why drivers don't know their geography. The countless times that I've been asked whether I go down a particular road / near a particular church / school / temple / hotel / shopping centre and I haven't known the first time and had to ask other passengers who, lets face it, know their patch a lot better than us drivers ever will. I know South Manchester pretty well where I grew up but outside of that I'm still learning as I go along. 99% of the time the passengers help out, 1% of the time someone like your good self will be wondering "God, doesn't he know where such and such a place is"

But is it not part of their job to know that Hadfield is in Glossop?? And tameside college is pretty big. I know that from time to time people do ask for really obscure places and I'm not saying they should know the bee all and end all of minor locations but to turn passengers away from his bus because he aint got a clue where they want to get off is pretty poor, let's not forget drivers are paid a vert decent wage, and surly part of their job is to help passengers who don't know where their going.
(18/07/2012 19:06)mic Wrote:  

saw the Queens jublilee liveried bus today in Ashton 19005

There are 4 of these on the road, one for each depot. 19281 for Hyde Road, 19291 for Stockport, 19402 for Sharston, and as you have seen 19005 for Ashton. I've had the pleasure of riding on 3 of them so far in their livery. 19402 however has not yet got my Diamond star Smile
(18/07/2012 19:55)SF07 Wrote:  Saw a couple of MANs operating on the 76 today, one was 22158, the other might have been 22102.

Also went past Salford Central train station earlier where I noticed road markings for three 'bus stands' on Gore Street (no shelters or bus stops yet), which will be used for the 50 from September (and presumably other services in the future). In addition to that, also noticed that the stop names appear on Google Maps, don't know if that's a recent thing or if it's been there for a while.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&safe...CAYQ8gEwAA

So we now have MAN's on the 76 as well do we? It's going to be quite a revolution when the 12 reg's come back from the Olympics to replace them.

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)