Current time: 24/04/2024, 06:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
After its stint as a rail replacement bus, 17527 has been converted to an open top. Shame as they where tidy buses and could have easily been pressed into service elsewhere.

Photo here thanks to Gregg Collins on Flickr.

18152 was on the 2 again yesterday, although not for the full day as the destination blind stopped working.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not sure what you mean? 17527 will be seeing use most of the year on the Stratford-upon-Avon City Sightseeing route.
(04/08/2015 11:39)mbonwick Wrote:  Not sure what you mean? 17527 will be seeing use most of the year on the Stratford-upon-Avon City Sightseeing route.

I mean use on proper service to replace some older stock.

Still don't see what you're driving at. It's a 14 year old Trident...there is not that much stock older that it that doesn't already have replacements in the pipeline.

Remember it's a short wheelbase and highbridge, so useless in a lot of situations...
(04/08/2015 20:02)mbonwick Wrote:  Still don't see what you're driving at. It's a 14 year old Trident...there is not that much stock older that it that doesn't already have replacements in the pipeline.

Remember it's a short wheelbase and highbridge, so useless in a lot of situations...

I'm merely saying it was a tidy bus and a shame to see its roof chopped off and a shame to see it on sightseeing work. Not saying it would be useful anywhere else, just saying it would be NICE. Simply my opinion. I'm not speaking operationally, remember we are all enthusiasts and generally We decide which buses we like and how we like them. Not much else to it.

In other news 21248 and 28543 On 41/2 today.

(04/08/2015 11:39)mbonwick Wrote:  Not sure what you mean? 17527 will be seeing use most of the year on the Stratford-upon-Avon City Sightseeing route.

If that's the same tour I did a few years back, it's pretty extreme open-top sightseeing with parts of the route down fast country roads.
Do I recall a discussion about Gold potentially not coming to Rock Ferry because it would split the work force into two (or something to that effect?)

Well I saw this today, and I'm not sure whether it's been announced, but it looks like Gold is coming to the 1 at some point...

https://twitter.com/StagecoachMCSL/statu...7431892992
An agreement has been reached regarding gold aand rather than a separate gold rota, iit will be mixed in with current rotas, meaning all drivers will be on gold so it's fair.

(04/08/2015 23:39)R879 HRF Wrote:  An agreement has been reached regarding gold aand rather than a separate gold rota, iit will be mixed in with current rotas, meaning all drivers will be on gold so it's fair.

Hopefully with double decks. Couldn't they double back to Moston Garage on the 1 to avoid the bridge and run the 2 via The Zoo/Upton instead?

More details here..

http://www.liverpoolchamber.org.uk/artic.../show/5467
Unfortunately the 2 is a joint operation and it would then depend on whether Arriva would want to go via Chester Zoo and Upton .

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)