Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
So 20/21 going back to the way it used to be. How will the 53/X3 interiors happen, I take it that 2 53'S every hour will go on x3's
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22257 is here with a few bits missing. Presume is awaiting collection for scrap.
Not sure if they will actually be for Gillmoss but shall post it here anyway, Stagecoach South West is currently receiving some new Optare Solo's for Exeter (48003-48020) displacing older WA04*** plate ones in the 47081-47099 series, it has been reported elsewhere the some *may* be coming to Merseyside (could easily be Chester/Wirral/Preston) but the report does state Merseyside.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(06/07/2015 16:43)gka472l Wrote:  Not sure if they will actually be for Gillmoss but shall post it here anyway, Stagecoach South West is currently receiving some new Optare Solo's for Exeter (48003-48020) displacing older WA04*** plate ones in the 47081-47099 series, it has been reported elsewhere the some *may* be coming to Merseyside (could easily be Chester/Wirral/Preston) but the report does state Merseyside.

HTH

For the 20 and 21 at Gillmoss.
Am sorry but i think i miss read your Post, Solo's coming to Gillmoss for the 20/21?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/07/2015 00:33)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Am sorry but i think i miss read your Post, Solo's coming to Gillmoss for the 20/21?

I was joking. Cant see them coming to Gillmoss. While we're on the subject of Gillmoss and Solos, 47712s rear number plate has been upside down the past few days, and, once again, a solo made it on to the 53s (47711)
(07/07/2015 00:33)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Am sorry but i think i miss read your Post, Solo's coming to Gillmoss for the 20/21?

Why not ?, just look at what has just happen in Carlisle!, Wall to wall Solo, a far cry from when it was wall to wall VRT's..............
(07/07/2015 01:00)Shaun821 Wrote:  47712s rear number plate has been upside down the past few days,

That is a bookable motoring offence.
(07/07/2015 07:55)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  That is a bookable motoring offence.

Its out on the 53 today with the same problem. Drivers obviously arent checking the bus properly in the morning.
It's a bit disingenuous to compare the fall of Carlisle from VRTs to Solos, as for much of the time the VRTs were mostly empty. I would suggest a better comparison point is the K-DAO B10Ms of 1992, which replaced the VRTs.

With regards to the Solos, my understanding from comments made way back in March was that Merseyside was only getting a few Solos from South West to replace the non-DDA ex-First examples.

There was subsequent rumour of some of the displaced Gold Solos from Leamington also going to Chester, for what I don't know.

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)