Current time: 27/04/2024, 18:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Spectra 13996 has left Wigan two days ago PVS bound
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/07/2015 11:30)Scania1996 Wrote:  Spectra 13996 has left Wigan two days ago PVS bound

Shame. I'd always hoped it or 13995 might have made it into preservation, since it was GMs first low floor decker.
Stagecoach will temporarily re-route the 42, 42A and X57 services via Chorlton Street and Whitworth Street instead of Portland Street and Princess Street from Monday (6 July) for 4 weeks to ease congestion on Portland Street due to the roadworks. Sounds like it's only for outbound journeys, which would mean buses coming into Manchester still may get held up if the traffic is bad on Portland Street/Oxford Road.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-servic...px?id=6065
(03/07/2015 17:29)djb Wrote:  Shame. I'd always hoped it or 13995 might have made it into preservation, since it was GMs first low floor decker.

There's still chance if it hasn't been sold yet, someone somewhere might have their eye on it.
The Park & Ride site at Hazel Grove opened on Thursday 2nd July. As a result, route 192 journeys now Head for Hazel Grove P & R. As it is closed beween midnight and 6am, I wonder whether buses at night-time still display just Hazel Grove? I expect route 191 also heads for Hazel Grove P & R.
(04/07/2015 21:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The Park & Ride site at Hazel Grove opened on Thursday 2nd July. As a result, route 192 journeys now Head for Hazel Grove P & R. As it is closed beween midnight and 6am, I wonder whether buses at night-time still display just Hazel Grove? I expect route 191 also heads for Hazel Grove P & R.

According to the Stagecoach website, services 191, 192 and 374 will serve the Park & Ride. Buses will stop outside the site between midnight and 6am, but the site will be closed.

Stagecoach are also doing a £10 Megarider offer (similar to the 38 route) until 31 August for any passengers buying a weekly Megarider from the Park & Ride stop, which will be valid on all Stagecoach Manchester & Wigan services.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/ParkandRide.aspx
TfGM listing that the 70 will be curtailed to run between Clifton Junction and Salford Quays from 26 July. Also gives confirmation of the tender gains made by Stagecoach. Stagecoach will run all journeys on services 168, 205, 328/329 (Evening and Sunday journeys will split at Stockport), 380/381 plus evening journeys on the 346.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(05/07/2015 14:40)SF07 Wrote:  TfGM listing that the 70 will be curtailed to run between Clifton Junction and Salford Quays from 26 July. Also gives confirmation of the tender gains made by Stagecoach. Stagecoach will run all journeys on services 168, 205, 328/329 (Evening and Sunday journeys will split at Stockport), 380/381 plus evening journeys on the 346.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx

Good news for Tameside folk then - meaning exsisting Stagecoach customers can go a little bit further on their megarider like myself.
It always seems that on a Sunday daytime currently Stagecoach 169's always seem busier than Firsts 168's. I know a colleague of mine at work reckons since Stagecoach took over the evening 348/350's they have seemed busier than when run by First.

Just a pity Stagecoach carnt nip the 169 evening service off MCT Smile
(05/07/2015 12:50)SF07 Wrote:  According to the Stagecoach website, services 191, 192 and 374 will serve the Park & Ride. Buses will stop outside the site between midnight and 6am, but the site will be closed.

The Park & Ride stop is just the pre-existing terminus at the Rising Sun.
The remaining Spectra (13995) left Wigan today on the back of a PVS truck

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)