Current time: 05/05/2024, 19:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
The other thing about 70s is that theirs practically no time on them whatsoever with only a 2 minute turnround at Clifton in reality more time is needed from what I saw when I was with a driver friend of mine on Sunday, another example is the driver changeover situation as I said as he was asked to bring a replacement vehicle out for his back piece but by the time we got to Pendleton after sitting in traffic he was about 6 late and he should have been back at Shudehill to do 13:53 back to Clifton but due to the 2 diversion routes on the route in Salford and Victoria he didn't get to Shudehill until just after 14:05 which is the time he should have been back at Ordsall Hall on his return trip.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
70 is a tendered service, therefore Stagecoach have to bend to the will of what the powers that be want and therefore if they only want two busses on with tight timings rather than three with relaxed then that's what they get.

Deckers are on the 70 because it's either them, or Loliners which would have problems getting round (apparently). The Solos at HE spend more time in the depot than out of it.
Some odd workings from Ashton Depot yesterday afternoon:

17202 on 183 Limeside-Royal Oldham Hospital via Oldham
2X MAN ALX300 330 Ashton-Stockport
12112 on 330 Ashton-Stockport
(12/06/2015 06:27)M60lad Wrote:  Some odd workings from Ashton Depot yesterday afternoon:

17202 on 183 Limeside-Royal Oldham Hospital via Oldham
2X MAN ALX300 330 Ashton-Stockport
12112 on 330 Ashton-Stockport

The MANs were on the 330 for most of the day as I noticed one yesterday morning and again at 4ish. 22236 was also on 219's from early afternoon then did a journey away from town on a 221.
While a regular allocation sees an Enviro200 leave Ashton at around 16.45 on 231. The Maynes tradition lives on so to speak Smile
A couple of rather odd observations today worthy of a mention. I noticed a couple of Enviro200's out on 236/237's today - normally all Sunday work from AZ is strictly Enviro400 apart from the 202 (Solo's) and 408 (Enviro200s). As everything interwork on a Sunday I assume the Enviro200's turned up on other AZ services too.

Both 18110/1 have been on 169's today, again very normal during the week but very rare to see anything other than Enviro400's with the odd E400H thrown in for good measure.
FM36 operating on the 112/114 and 118 routes yesterday.
Just seen 10051 and 19534 on consecutive X57's [had a ride on the latter] and 12184 on the 378.
Stagecoach are using the 141-branded vehicles as some of the vehicles on the Metrolink X1 route between Piccadilly, Cornbrook and Trafford Bar. Convenient timing given that the 141s finished last Friday for the summer holidays.
20982 has spent most of the afternoon/evening stuck in Simmondly, Glossop after it's fuel tank fell off leaving a steam of diesel running down the road. It's believed the driver may have gone over a rather large speed bump a bit fast which dislodged the tank.
What was 20982 doing in Glossop? Didn't think Stockport depot had any work upthere these days, also makes me wonder how long it will be off the road for and what will be replacing it in the mean time on whatever duty its normally used on

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)