Current time: 05/05/2024, 12:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(20/05/2015 20:27)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh what a day for the people stranded on the carriageway waiting for the bus to be removed after getting stuck on the mud after attempting a three point turn . Maybe a better idea would have been to call the police straight away and get him to reverse back the way he came , it may have taken les time to extricate .

I bet the poor driver is deeply embarrassed as well , sometimes at roadworks it is very easy to go down the wrong section of road.

Poor driver was sacked :-(
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anyone see the story in the MEN online over the last few days? Carnt post the link as I'm using my phone but apparently since the Dayrider increase to £4.10 drivers are apparently very quickly using up thier daily float repeatedly giving people 90p change so management have now told drivers just to let people on when they run out of change. No doubt the story has lead to more people trying their luck with a £20 note lol.

On a seperate note today while waiting for drivers to chsngeover in Ashton on a 216, the driver couldn't get the ticket machine to read his card so eventually the inspector just told him to 'fill up and go'. It was very annoying having paid out £13.50 for a mega rider earlier in the week watching a lot of people getting on for free. Still I'm sure stagecoach can afford it Smile
If you consider that 90p change is only 3 coins I don't think the problem is as bad as MEN makes it out to be. It's well known people try their luck with tens and twenties, but on the other hand they're left a bit pocket heavy when the driver then doles back pound coins and silver shrapnel.
(24/05/2015 10:03)R971XVM Wrote:  If you consider that 90p change is only 3 coins I don't think the problem is as bad as MEN makes it out to be. It's well known people try their luck with tens and twenties, but on the other hand they're left a bit pocket heavy when the driver then doles back pound coins and silver shrapnel.

To be honest I don't see why Stagecoach were singled out. Firsts £4.20 daysaver price must be as bad.
The story suggested the MEN had been contacted by a frustrated driver, and while Stagecoach didn't admit there was a problem but said they were looking at increasing drivers daily float.

I'm all for better customer service on buses but it does seem like Stagecoach don't like to refuse somebody travel if they haven't got the correct fare. I remember years ago all Maynes buses had clear signs on the drivers cab doors stating that they did not accept £20 notes and passengers would be refused travel if the driver had no change.

I make sure that on a Tuesday morning I gave £13.50 in change to buy my mega rider. It just dosen't seem fare that I'm paying while others are getting on for free.
16949 is apparently getting the swoops treatment....
(23/05/2015 20:58)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Poor driver was sacked :-(

Thats bit hash........

I bet he not the only person, to make that mistake
Noted 17068 at Middleton yesterday in corporate livery. I thought that this had been a Magicbus, and was being used for school contracts, so was surprised tht it had been repainted.
17068 is getting transferred afaik
Spotted 17067 out on the 112 this afternoon in Magic bus livery.
Why haven't the dual door LX51's been converted to single door yet?

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)