Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(27/04/2015 18:31)jimbo Wrote:  Just 3?? I know a tender they could well be taking on that only requires 3 buses... Goes right out side of depot... Hmm....

the tender your refering to isnt up for retender it was changed from stm to stotts in jan 15 tenders are min 1 yr cant view document atm but its prob 1 or 3 yrs. but they arent for that purpose anyway
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hehe; well I'm guessinf they are still expecting a tender win as nobody would start a commercial on solos surely...

Well in Manchester; the 415 is mainly solos as it needs to be
I've been thinking over the past couple of days of what these additional Solos at QS are meant to be for and considering there's no route revisions or timetable changes coming up in the near future because they've already happened the only reason I can come up with for QS wanting these 3 Solos is actually for the upcoming Farnworth Tunnel works as despite the line being open for a limited amount of trains no trains will be able to call at Kearsley, Farnworth and Moses Gate so I'm wondering if these Solos will be either for Rail Replacements on the stopping services or maybe just Rail Replacement Standbys
(30/04/2015 06:03)M60lad Wrote:  I've been thinking over the past couple of days of what these additional Solos at QS are meant to be for and considering there's no route revisions or timetable changes coming up in the near future because they've already happened the only reason I can come up with for QS wanting these 3 Solos is actually for the upcoming Farnworth Tunnel works as despite the line being open for a limited amount of trains no trains will be able to call at Kearsley, Farnworth and Moses Gate so I'm wondering if these Solos will be either for Rail Replacements on the stopping services or maybe just Rail Replacement Standbys

Good point M60Lad

With most trains between Preston and Manchester being rerouted via Wigan, due to the tunnel works, which is expected to last 22-weeks. Whilst there are rail replacement buses running daily between Bolton and Manchester Victoria, I sincere hope that First Manchester, would put extra buses out on routes 8, 36, 37 to help with the expected increase in demand, which these major Tunnel and engineering works, are likely to cause.
Citaro 60248 operating on the 83 this afternoon.
What frequency do the 36 and 37 currently operate at? every 7/8 mins?
I think 37/38 combined service is about every 5mins hence why their always seen travelling together especially from Walkden all the way into Manchester, the evening peak timetable is quite interesting as some journies get more time than others to get into Manchester from what I've seen and these still end up catching up to the bus in front due to queuing traffic in Swinton.

In other news I believe Streetdeck 35102 has arrived back at Oldham Depot after its recent spell at Halifax Depot, I'm also led to believe B5 36300 is back at Oldham as well
I saw 35102 on the Piccadilly 184 on Monday at about 3.35 outside the sixth form college.
(30/04/2015 09:54)Dentonian Wrote:  most would use their cars rather than "slumming it" on service buses.

That is the typical of the attitude of GMPTE, they forget that not everybody owns or have the luxury of a car.....

Having just read the replacement bus timetable, it would appear that the replacement buses are only running early mornings and evenings, and all day Saturdays & Sundays. So anybody wanting to travel to or from the intermediate stations between Bolton and Manchester during the week, will have to "Slum it" on a normal service buses.
(13/04/2015 20:25)SF07 Wrote:  Just wondering, following the service changes that have just taken place, which depot is now operating the 93 daytime journeys? I would assume it would be Queens Road now as the service only runs between Manchester and Carr Clough rather than to/from Bury.

It has been suggested that this 'big news' story could involve Arriva, which makes me wonder whether it could be First buying Arriva's Wythenshawe depot, which would allow them to have more of a presence in south Manchester.

WY has always seemed an odd one out for Arriva, as it is the successor to NBC subsidiary North Western in the heart of Greater Manchester. First might like some of the commercial routes like the 19 and 263.

(22/04/2015 19:42)bolton bus basher Wrote:  60379, 62214, 66194 and 66195 are all of to Devon and Cornwall, not sure what the reason behind it or whats replaced them up here

These Volvo saloons could provide larger buses for busier routes in Cornwall, releasing Darts to ex-Western Greyhound services, which are potentially due for revisions from May 26th. According to the First Devon & Cornwall website, they are currently recruiting for drivers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)