Current time: 06/05/2024, 11:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I took a little trip to Warrington today on the following buses:

2972: A nice Pulsar, smooth and reasonably powerful too.

2551: When 2551 turned up, I was initially not very pleased as the DK55 batch aren't known as being the cream of the crop as far as Cadets are concerned - however, it was a very nice bus. Quite brisk, with no real rattling issues or vibrations.

2975: Reasonably powerful, but it was quite rattly.

2979: Same as 2972 really, a pleasant surprise.

Not to sure whether what I've heard is true but did one of the Enviro400s end up on 320s the other night, I think it was taken out by a certain driver who doesn't normaly take one out when he's on 10/10As which is even more odd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yeah he took it out but there not suppose to go on that route yet as they haven't been assessed by the road safety team for low trees etc.
3 Enviro 400's on the 352 (All the Workings) the 15:50 352 diverted via St James Road today and ran about 5 Late Anyone know why? 5 was a Conservative Effort i was watching the Football Probably more like 10

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
15th April i saw 2715 out on the 10A, On a Mon - Fri the Single Decker duty is on the 10 so its not that

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Does Jackson Street workshop ever check the accuracy of the clocks on ticket machines ? One day last week, a 37 bus departed 4 minutes early from the bus station, and I started to wonder - was the clock giving incorrect readings, or did it have a driver who could not (or chose not to) read the clock. (Sorry - cannot identify the actual bus (too far away), although it was a Cadet.)
Given it's a GPS based system, I suspect the fault lies with the driver negating to check the time. Some of the 38s do come in right on time to leave straight away again and I do wonder whether drivers just become too used to this across a shift creating the kind of aforementioned early running on some 37s. There was always one regular driver on the 37/38s though who was particularly notorious for early running. Did it far too often on the hourly evening 356s when he drove them too.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Am I right in thinking that said driver doesn't do the late 356s anymore and how long ago was it that said driver used to drive them?
2236 on 352's this afternoon.
(28/04/2015 16:07)St Helens Rider Wrote:  2236 on 352's this afternoon.

2262 was also present on the 352 this afternoon. I had a ride on it and thought it was very good, quite nippy and it really does 'dart' around!

The 352 has seen some strange allocations this week, as 2492 was on there yesterday afternoon. Does anyone know if Pulsars are receiving maintenance at the moment, or has there been some other form of change?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)