Current time: 05/05/2024, 23:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Stagecoach wont be allowed to buy any first depot within greater manchester as there monopoly commission wouldn't allow it i think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Indeed Mark, they only just got away with Wigan and Bluebird, Before anyone mentions JPT they got these as a growing concern so the monopoly rules dont apply here

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/04/2015 08:58)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Indeed Mark, they only just got away with Wigan and Bluebird, Before anyone mentions JPT they got these as a growing concern so the monopoly rules dont apply here

Not quite. The CMA or whatever their called still investigated the takeover of JPT.
At least that clears that up then.
Just wondering, following the service changes that have just taken place, which depot is now operating the 93 daytime journeys? I would assume it would be Queens Road now as the service only runs between Manchester and Carr Clough rather than to/from Bury.

It has been suggested that this 'big news' story could involve Arriva, which makes me wonder whether it could be First buying Arriva's Wythenshawe depot, which would allow them to have more of a presence in south Manchester.
No depot sales nothing but a management restructure, and Pioneer will be a satellite depot . That's the announcement
(13/04/2015 21:08)37554BY Wrote:  No depot sales nothing but a management restructure, and Pioneer will be a satellite depot . That's the announcement

What exactly is a satalite depot and how will I differ to what it currently is/was?
(13/04/2015 21:16)Mayneway Wrote:  What exactly is a satalite depot and how will I differ to what it currently is/was?

That's what I'm trying to find out now
(13/04/2015 21:16)Mayneway Wrote:  What exactly is a satalite depot and how will I differ to what it currently is/was?

A satalite depot is basically an out-station or sub depot, as some operators call them.
So Pioneer will now just become an extension of Oldham Depot?

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)