Current time: 16/04/2024, 19:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
19022 on 2 today

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/03/2015 07:50)R879 HRF Wrote:  19022 on 2 today

Does the 1 and 2 still Interwork or has that finished?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/03/2015 08:21)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Does the 1 and 2 still Interwork or has that finished?

Only a couple change into a 1 in the evenings when the 2 stops.

I am no longer active on this forum.
(30/03/2015 08:21)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Does the 1 and 2 still Interwork or has that finished?

If they did, a decker wouldn't be able to go onto the 1 as there is a 12 foot rail bridge at Bache.
(30/03/2015 20:51)Enviro400 Wrote:  If they did, a decker wouldn't be able to go onto the 1 as there is a 12 foot rail bridge at Bache.

They can as there's a diversionary route in place, and has been for many years now. Towards Chester there's even a sign highlighting the Double Decker alternate route.
A double decker has recently been used on the 1, it detours off Mill Lane on to a designated decker route to avoid the bridge at the Bache!

If they did, a decker wouldn't be able to go onto the 1 as there is a 12 foot rail bridge at Bache.
[/quote]

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
How many actually stops are missed out on the service 1 when using a double decker , is a decker route allowed in the registration of the route 1 , would it be classed as a dropped journey for the stops missed out.
(30/03/2015 21:59)wirralbus Wrote:  How many actually stops are missed out on the service 1 when using a double decker , is a decker route allowed in the registration of the route 1 , would it be classed as a dropped journey for the stops missed out.

It's 1 or 2 stops that are missed out. I highly doubt it can be classed as a dropped journey as the service has begun, finished and served most other stops on the normal prescribed route at the designated time, however the allocated bus has had to take a small diversion beyond the company's control.

The QBP services have the second priority at RF (after schools) so any services not operated during the day could cost both companies. So a few stops missed out on a service is much better than a service being dropped completely due to no single decks being available in the depot at the time.
That's all good and well but passengers waiting at those 1 or 2 stops aren't to know if it's going to be a double decker or not and for them it'll be a dropped service.
(30/03/2015 21:59)wirralbus Wrote:  How many actually stops are missed out on the service 1 when using a double decker , is a decker route allowed in the registration of the route 1 , would it be classed as a dropped journey for the stops missed out.

6 inbound towards Chester are missed and strangely 4 outbound towards Ellesmere Port are missed out. A decker would be allowed in the registration because of the diversionary sign post in Upton opposite The Wheatsheaf pointing down Upton Lane. No other bus routes apart from the DB2 operate in that area of Upton. This would probably be classed as a missed journey for the stops affected yes.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)