Current time: 07/05/2024, 21:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(22/03/2015 07:04)M60lad Wrote:  As I might have mentioned in the past the only reason 40406 at Oldham is still going is due to the fact its sort of a Depot Pet as one of the managers there seems to like it and it has only in the past month or so returned to service, personally I would only be too happy if Dukinfield Depot got some replacements for the Cornwall Darts down there so a couple of them could transfer upto Oldham Depot to be used on 415s as Solos can't cope.

The Cornwall Darts were a welcomed eddition to the fleet at Dukinfield and to be honest I prefer them to the Streetlights. They seem to cope really well even on the 348/350. The only annoying thing is them red interior lights that make it look like a mobile brothel Wink

It's a pity more of these type of Darts carnt be sourced for Oldham and Dukinfield as a replacement for the older Solos and Marshall darts. Although I'm not a big fan some Enviro200's similar to Stagecoach Manchester have would be ok for midi/mini services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/03/2015 07:04)M60lad Wrote:  As I might have mentioned in the past the only reason 40406 at Oldham is still going is due to the fact its sort of a Depot Pet as one of the managers there seems to like it and it has only in the past month or so returned to service, personally I would only be too happy if Dukinfield Depot got some replacements for the Cornwall Darts down there so a couple of them could transfer upto Oldham Depot to be used on 415s as Solos can't cope.

the solos can cope on 415s thats why om had 53143-7 for that very reason large enough for passengers but narrow enough for the low bridge.
the original buses for 415s was act 41780-41788 but couldnt cope. so om swapped them for the solos.
the 415 dont forget has to be a very spec bus due to width n height restrictions. so wont change anytime soon
the kernow darts wont move anytime soon. our next replacements are 41780 etc as these are becoming inc unreliable. esp 84/86.
you are right however with re to 40406 just not any mgr a regional mgr at om who also kept 403 going until a problem came to light last month.
(22/03/2015 20:53)james Wrote:  the solos can cope on 415s thats why om had 53143-7 for that very reason large enough for passengers but narrow enough for the low bridge.
the original buses for 415s was act 41780-41788 but couldnt cope. so om swapped them for the solos.
the 415 dont forget has to be a very spec bus due to width n height restrictions. so wont change anytime soon
the kernow darts wont move anytime soon. our next replacements are 41780 etc as these are becoming inc unreliable. esp 84/86.
you are right however with re to 40406 just not any mgr a regional mgr at om who also kept 403 going until a problem came to light last month.

It's nice to know senior management at Oldham are still sympathetic for older buses, sadly most just see buses as numbers on a peice of paper and have no interest in the history ect.

Just a pity that the powers that be at Oldham carnt see fit to give Dukinfield a couple of heritage painted vehicles Smile
Streetlite 63097 has gone on loan to Devon & Cornwall at Camborne.
More changes planned for the Bury/Prestwich area for April, according to the TfGM website, with the 154 re-numbered to 94 and will terminate at Pilsworth instead of Bury.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
One Less Streetlite in Manchester Woohoo shame its only til June.

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Streetdeck 35102 on the 184 this afternoon
Does anyone know if X401 CSG is still in service?

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/03/2015 12:29)2829 Wrote:  Does anyone know if X401 CSG is still in service?

Its still in Service

On another note Wright Renown 66195 made it onto 18 lates Yesterday!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(29/03/2015 12:34)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Its still in Service

On another note Wright Renown 66195 made it onto 18 lates Yesterday!

Thanks triple B

Daniel Christopher.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)