Current time: 05/05/2024, 03:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Even if they do it once every 30minutes it will be a blow to stagecoach as right now only one bus goes from NMGH to Middleton and the 156 is only half hourly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Actually during the day there's 3 services running NMGH-Middleton all run by Stagecoach being the following:

115/116 Middleton-NMGH-Moston Circular
156 Manchester-Middleton via NMGH
Not forgetting the 115/116 is TFGM Tendered so they could lose that whenever it comes up

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/02/2015 21:23)bolton bus basher Wrote:  I would laugh if Stagecoach held their current prices or slightly reduced them to show up First, it would go down well with passengers

Carnt see Stagecoach dropping fares but it would be good to see them hold prices as they are for another 12 months. It dosen't look good when bus companies increase ticket prices at a time when generally prices elsewhere are dropping. People arnt daft and they know when there getting a good deal and when there not.

We should soon know if Stagecoach are increasing prices as the price parts of the window decals normally start disappearing about a month or so before a planned rise so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled Smile
(22/02/2015 15:37)Dentonian Wrote:  17 is morning journeys no longer circumnavigating the city centre. Everything running to/from Shudehill only.
64 is cut back to run Middleton to Manchester only. Oldham-Middleton to be run seperately, and I'm sure you can guess what it will be numbered! Presumably, evening tenders on this stretch will also adopt this number.
88/89. Major changes to route, partially involving the aforementioned 42 extension to Middleton.
184/X84; Uppermill shorts extended to Saddleworth School turning circle, with minor t/t changes
408. Major change/reduction, involving existing tenders and probably needing TFGMC attention. Definately one for the 6th March meeting.
454/7; Being made into circulars. Times largely unchanged though.
510. As discussed on another thread; 510 itself is not changing. 511 is being re-routed in Breightmet to replace withdrawn 536.

Informative. Some of those changes do make some sense. Definitely looks like a shake-up in the Middleton/North Manchester area with the 42, 64 and 88/89. The tit-for-tat battle with Stagecoach continues by the sounds of things.
41788 has had a day off 415s and was seen by myself heading down Broadway Manchester bound on 182 this afternoon
(23/02/2015 18:44)SF07 Wrote:  Informative. Some of those changes do make some sense. Definitely looks like a shake-up in the Middleton/North Manchester area with the 42, 64 and 88/89. The tit-for-tat battle with Stagecoach continues by the sounds of things.

Sadly with passengers paying for it one way or another.
(23/02/2015 18:48)M60lad Wrote:  41788 has had a day off 415s and was seen by myself heading down Broadway Manchester bound on 182 this afternoon

Some wandering buses today from Oldham depot, as I briefly spotted a Enviro300 on the 184 this afternoon.
Some of First's planned changes now listed in the TfGM bus network committee meeting:
  • 42 - Some Monday-Saturday daytime journeys extended from North Manchester General Hospital to Middleton via Higher Blackley, Victoria Avenue and Manchester New Road (every 30 mins)
  • 64 - Curtailed to run hourly between Heaton Park (Sainsburys) and Manchester only and re-routed via Plant Hill. Oldham-Middleton section replaced by service 412.
  • 88/89 - Services curtailed to run between North Manchester General Hospital and Manchester Piccadilly via Higher Blackley and White Moss, running every 30 mins full route and 4 per hour between White Moss and Manchester. All journeys numbered 88. Some early morning journeys continue from NMGH to Shudehill.
  • 92 - Daytime service withdrawn and partly replaced by service 93 and new service 97. TfGM to investigate evening service feasibility.
  • 93 - Daytime service curtailed to run between Carr Clough and Manchester only, running every 15 mins Mon-Sat daytime. TfGM to investigate evening service feasibility.
  • 95 - Monday-Saturday daytime service re-routed in Carr Clough and extended from Whitefield to Bury via Unsworth (current 93 route).
  • 97 - New service introduced, running via current 98 route between Manchester and Prestwich before continuing to Bury via Unsworth and Hollins. Service to run every 20 mins Mon-Sat daytime and every 30 mins Sunday daytime
  • 98 - Mon-Sat daytime service reduced to every 20 mins, running combined 10 minute frequency with new service 97. Sunday daytime service reduced to every 30 mins, running combined 15 minute frequency with new service 97.
  • 135 - Journeys from Manchester will no longer serve Miller Street.
  • 408 - Monday-Saturday daytime service to run between Buckstones and Oldham only with some peak-time journeys extending to/from Stalybridge. Stalybridge-Droylsden section withdrawn. Evening/Sunday service proposed to continue unchanged.
  • 412 - New Monday-Saturday daytime service replacing service 64 between Oldham and Middleton. Weekday daytime service to run a 60-110 minute frequency and Saturday daytime journeys running every 90 mins.
  • 454/457 - Services to become circular routes with 454 running clockwise between Littleborough, Shore and Stansfield and service 457 running anti-clockwise.
  • 511 - Re-routed via Somerton Road, replacing service 536.
  • 536 - Withdrawn and partly replaced by service 511.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
39218 on the Metroshuttle 1 today:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/89011495@N05/16722670271
https://www.flickr.com/photos/79292848@N04/16700063196

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)