Current time: 03/05/2024, 20:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
For the first time yesterday I got round to riding the 350 from Ashton to Oldham and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 1 hour 20 minutes instead of the straight 20 minutes on a 409 was for me time well spent. I rode 37387 and was full of admiration for the driver manipulating some very challenging roads, corners and parking.How he got round the Hey Farm loop I don't know. The journey was largely urban through Mossley, Greenfield,Saddleworth and Delph but the hill scenery was magnificent. And I was blessed with a sunny day. Surely my favourite route in England - the Citylink 917 from Portree on Skye to Inverness is my favourite in the UK.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/02/2015 17:33)BHA Wrote:  For the first time yesterday I got round to riding the 350 from Ashton to Oldham and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. 1 hour 20 minutes instead of the straight 20 minutes on a 409 was for me time well spent. I rode 37387 and was full of admiration for the driver manipulating some very challenging roads, corners and parking.How he got round the Hey Farm loop I don't know. The journey was largely urban through Mossley, Greenfield,Saddleworth and Delph but the hill scenery was magnificent. And I was blessed with a sunny day. Surely my favourite route in England - the Citylink 917 from Portree on Skye to Inverness is my favourite in the UK.

I believe the 343 is just as, if not more scenic. Obviously it goes through much of the same area as the 350 but on a Spring afternoon the views are amazing.

Have you checked out the Saddleworth buses site? If not google it there's some great modern and older photos on there of various buses in Saddleworth.
(18/02/2015 18:09)Mayneway Wrote:  I believe the 343 is just as, if not more scenic. Obviously it goes through much of the same area as the 350 but on a Spring afternoon the views are amazing.

Have you checked out the Saddleworth buses site? If not google it there's some great modern and older photos on there of various buses in Saddleworth.

Thanks for the info. Will do.
66192 made it out onto TFGM Tendered 63 this Evening, Very good Bus in all departments it has to be said!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have it on good authority that Oldham Depot are down to 2 servicable Citaroes now these being 60224 and 60248 and all the rest of Oldhams Citaro fleet is on the back wall awaiting their final destination.

Because of the withdrawl of the Citaroes at Oldham vehicle allocation has changed recently with allocations being the following:

6 Volvo B7 Urban/Optare Solo/Sometimes Streetlite
58 Volvo B7 Urban/Enviro300
81/81As Volvo B9 Gemini/B7 Urban/Enviro300
149 Enviro300s/Volvo B7TL ALX400
350 Streetlite-Volvo B9 Gemini/Enviro300
408s Optare Solo/Enviro300/ALX400 Volvo B7TL (think this is due to School Hols this week)
438 Optare Solo/Streetlite
456 Optare Solo/Streetlite
60225/60244 are parked up at Bolton in scrap corner. Not sure if anymore have moved over.

(19/02/2015 07:14)M60lad Wrote:  I have it on good authority that Oldham Depot are down to 2 servicable Citaroes now these being 60224 and 60248 and all the rest of Oldhams Citaro fleet is on the back wall awaiting their final destination.

Because of the withdrawl of the Citaroes at Oldham vehicle allocation has changed recently with allocations being the following:

408s Optare Solo/Enviro300/ALX400 Volvo B7TL (think this is due to School Hols this week)
(19/02/2015 07:14)M60lad Wrote:  I have it on good authority that Oldham Depot are down to 2 servicable Citaroes now these being 60224 and 60248 and all the rest of Oldhams Citaro fleet is on the back wall awaiting their final destination.

The 409 has seen quite a few Enviro300's this week as well more so during the day. Spotted two yesterday in the space of an hour.
Fares going up from next Sunday (1 March) applying to the main network multi-journeys tickets. No changes to the single fares or special routes saver tickets (17/18, 36/37, QuidsIn etc).

Changes are:

FirstDay Adult and FirstNight Adult - £4.00 -> £4.20
FirstDay Child - £2.00 -> £2.10
FirstDay Group - £8.60 -> £9.00
FirstWeek Adult - £13.50 -> £14.00
FirstWeek Child - £6.70 -> £7.00
FirstWeek Adult - £50.00 -> £52.00 (App version of ticket up from £48 to £50)
FirstAnnual Adult - £500 -> £520

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...431&conf=0
Well this is going to go down well with the general public who have recently been saying Bus Companys are ripping them of with the Fuel Prices coming down (before anyone asks i do know first buys its fuel in advance!)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/02/2015 18:40)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Well this is going to go down well with the general public who have recently been saying Bus Companys are ripping them of with the Fuel Prices coming down (before anyone asks i do know first buys its fuel in advance!)

That's all good and well but the wholesale price of fuel has been falling for well over 6 months now so even larger bus and transport companies who agree on a set price for so many months in advance, will be now feeling reductions. I'm not saying fares should be cut, even though we're seeing prices of not just fuel but food etc also falling, so at the very least bus companies *should* be keeping fares as they are for another 12 months.

How can they justify an increase when drivers wages haven't gone up and even if there not seeing radical reductions in the price of fuel it's not actually gone up.

No doubt the £1 'quids in' fares in Manchester will remain unchanged, and more to the point no doubt Stagecoach increase fares over the Easter weekend to keep things level.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)