Current time: 03/05/2024, 05:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(31/01/2015 18:55)childwallblues Wrote:  The B7TLs have migrated to the 81/81A having been replaced on the 86/86A by Enviro 400s

And they operate to Bootle which is north of the city centre so it must be even colder on them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/01/2015 19:24)Barney Wrote:  And they operate to Bootle which is north of the city centre so it must be even colder on them.

Sorry to go off topic but surely the City Centres colder, with it being close to the sea?

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
The City Centre is usyually the warmest place to do with the heat from the buildings , its the out in the sticks places that are the coldests places .
(31/01/2015 23:03)wirralbus Wrote:  The City Centre is usyually the warmest place to do with the heat from the buildings , its the out in the sticks places that are the coldests places .

Sorry. My comment was intended to add a bit of levity into the discussion. Clearly, I failed. Having said that, I find it difficult to understand why, in the year 2015, it's still very much hit and miss whether the bus you ride on has an effective heating system. I hope I'm not disappointed when I try out the new fleet tomorrow.
(31/01/2015 23:15)Barney Wrote:  Sorry. My comment was intended to add a bit of levity into the discussion. Clearly, I failed. Having said that, I find it difficult to understand why, in the year 2015, it's still very much hit and miss whether the bus you ride on has an effective heating system. I hope I'm not disappointed when I try out the new fleet tomorrow.

Hear hear! It is ridiculous how variable the heating is on buses. While I'm sure some of it is down to driver preference, that surely doesn't explain everything. The other day I was on a pulsar on the 2 from Liverpool to Chester, which was pretty cold all the way. Later that day I got the 21 from Chester to Runcorn on one of those gas buses and it was absolutely roasting.
It now looks like both of the ex bluebus b10bles have been withdrawn along with 2237.
Seems strange not seeing a interurban pulsars round sthelens
(01/02/2015 10:10)sth6168 Wrote:  Seems strange not seeing a interurban pulsars round sthelens

That's what I was thinking. As well as the departing Pulsar 2's, 2676 is also going to Wythenshawe, so unless I've miscalculated, all Pulsars at Jackson Street will be in original livery.
(01/02/2015 10:32)St Helens Rider Wrote:  That's what I was thinking. As well as the departing Pulsar 2's, 2676 is also going to Wythenshawe, so unless I've miscalculated, all Pulsars at Jackson Street will be in original livery.

2692,and 2984-2987 which I think are staying
(01/02/2015 08:22)Enviro400 Wrote:  Hear hear! It is ridiculous how variable the heating is on buses. While I'm sure some of it is down to driver preference, that surely doesn't explain everything. The other day I was on a pulsar on the 2 from Liverpool to Chester, which was pretty cold all the way. Later that day I got the 21 from Chester to Runcorn on one of those gas buses and it was absolutely roasting.

Pardon the pun , that 21 was cooking on gas LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)