Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Are these loanees for the vehicle that was damaged at St Pauls Road ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rock Ferry are suffering a decker shortage currently. 18147 is suffering from engine issues and was due for MOT around a month ago but never went as it wouldn't start. It now runs but only for a few minutes before cutting off again. I believe 18145 is here to cover this.

19070 is still here, which I assume is covering for 19022 which is off the road following a front end accident around 2 weeks ago.

What hasn't helped is having only 3 rail buses, as 17591 is still off the road with a fuel system problem, so having to cover an extra decker on top of the schools and 471/2s hasn't helped. 17549 is here to cover 17591, which hasn't moved since RNW dropped it off after braking down on the first day here.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Sounds like a right pickle for Double deckers , im surprised there isnt more single deckers being used or are they in short supply as well.
Iirc the max number of buses that can be VOR in peak time is 7, allow for the daily engineering and the buses that are no go, its usually quite tight

I am no longer active on this forum.
Best case scenario (on paper) at RF is 6 spare vehicles (PVR 57, allocated 63), only 2 of which are deckers.
Once you factor in long term VORs like those mentioned above, you can see where the shortages start...
Sure Chester could loan 18151. Its only there for the schools and that could be covered by one of the B7s.
Despite what some here have said, the X8 can't be doing too badly as it is apparently due to get cascaded Scania Enviro400s from Chorley this year....
Thats going to be a laugh taking them down the motorway when its windy.
In the days of Crosville the 418 and 419 made it from Woodchurch to the Wallasey Tunnel with Bristol VRT's and ECW bodied Leyland Olympians so motorway running isnt anything new for double deckers.
I know its nothing new but when you look back just before christmas when Preston pulled deckers off the X2 because it was too windy down the Formby by-pass, are Chester going to do the same if it gets a bit windy down the M53?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)