Current time: 07/05/2024, 05:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I spotted 5 or 6 Enviro400's coming of the M67 at Hattersley this morning at around 11.45. They went through Glossop towards Sheffield. I was driving and too far behind them to get fleetnumbers or reg's but all had 'Stagecoach group' on the front destination display and some if not all had high back seating.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A large number of Enviro400s are heading south from Inverness to London - these will be the high-backed examples. Some have been stabled at HE and others at ST. A lot are due to head south tomorrow.
(11/07/2012 10:20)StageStig Wrote:  Was it liveried "fort link"?
They also have no assault screens

I didn't notice any 'fort link' livery.
There were no adverts on it, I didn't notice whether the Stagecoach division was written on. It may have been taken off in preparation along with the fort link.
I'm surprised they have no assault screens though. Maybe life in Scotland is safer than anywhere else. :-)
There is one with Fort Link branding inside Hyde Road, the others being branded for InverGo
(11/07/2012 17:19)Nicholas Wrote:  A large number of Enviro400s are heading south from Inverness to London - these will be the high-backed examples. Some have been stabled at HE and others at ST. A lot are due to head south tomorrow.

Are the Manchester ones going with them or are they going separately?
(31/05/2012 22:41)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  A few vehicles from Cumbria now confirmed as going to Manchester for Olympics (for now!).
From Carlisle we've got MAN Enviro 300's 24121 PX59 AZJ and 24122 PX59 AZL, along with 10.7m Darts 34685/6/7/8 PX05 EKU/V/W/Y (the only 4 completely unbranded long Darts at Carlisle). Both of those MAN Enviro300's had their branding ripped off a good while ago in preparation for the transfer. Their high back seats will be "luxury" probably down in Manchester!
From Lillyhall, I've so far had MAN Enviro 300's 22610 PX08 CTY and 22611 PX08 CTZ confirmed as going to Manchester, 22610 has had a full repanel and repaint, with 22611 under prep now.

I take it this is now no longer happening, considering Manchester are now looking after themselves as opposed to loaning buses.
Are these more buses calling at Manchester on the way to London?
(11/07/2012 21:48)ace Wrote:  
(31/05/2012 22:41)cumbria0902150 Wrote:  A few vehicles from Cumbria now confirmed as going to Manchester for Olympics (for now!).
From Carlisle we've got MAN Enviro 300's 24121 PX59 AZJ and 24122 PX59 AZL, along with 10.7m Darts 34685/6/7/8 PX05 EKU/V/W/Y (the only 4 completely unbranded long Darts at Carlisle). Both of those MAN Enviro300's had their branding ripped off a good while ago in preparation for the transfer. Their high back seats will be "luxury" probably down in Manchester!
From Lillyhall, I've so far had MAN Enviro 300's 22610 PX08 CTY and 22611 PX08 CTZ confirmed as going to Manchester, 22610 has had a full repanel and repaint, with 22611 under prep now.

I take it this is now no longer happening, considering Manchester are now looking after themselves as opposed to loaning buses.
Are these more buses calling at Manchester on the way to London?

Things changed, again. The buses I was told were definitely going to Manchester, are going to Merseyside, to release some of their ADL Enviro 300's to London.
So I'm assuming Manchester are still sending 90 vehicles?? Are these defiantly all Enviro400's?
Only I've heard it suggested recently that some of AZ's Enviro200's are also going.
we are getting Enviro400's from walkergate to cover at hyde rd........we better be or the shift 15 to 20 of us been given will be a wasted trip, lol
(12/07/2012 00:39)StageStig Wrote:  we are getting Enviro400's from walkergate to cover at hyde rd........we better be or the shift 15 to 20 of us been given will be a wasted trip, lol

The trip being to collect the buses presumably?

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)