Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(27/12/2014 19:45)mbonwick Wrote:  Would love to know where in Scotland these Presidents are going to go...major issue with sending them to East Scotland is their capacity in view of school contracts.

Bluebird/Highland/North Scotland or whatever you want to call it is a no-go, they're sick to death of their B9TLs (which begs the question - why haven't they been foisted onto East Scotland?)

Again going back to the information I was given some weeks ago the intension was/is to keep them together in one group rather than dotted around all over the place - a crazy theory given that the red 'uni bus' is being retained in Manchester.

Apart from the red B7 I haven't heard anyone label the two presidents as 'unreliable' so it seems odd that they may have been withdrawn and replaced with dual door Tridents that apparently cannot be used on tenders as they as they are 'non spec' yet the presidents could.

Incidentally on the subject of the Tridents I've been told that unlike the ones used on the 141 drivers at Middleton have been told not to use the centre doors with he exception of wheelchair users using the ramp.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I always wondered what passengers normally go towards when exiting the bus, do they go for the rear as it's usually the exit on dual door vehicles or do they go to the front since that's the usual for all public services in Greater Manchester (with the exception of 135)?
Most passengers I've seen go straight to the front of the bus no matter if a bus has doors at the back or not and I've even noticed this on bendys on 135.

As for dual door Magics at Middleton I'm wondering whether they could cause more problems for them with some kids waiting for a busy bus to show up and see one of these and use the rear doors to sneak on
I've read that 3 Enviro400s 19223 19224 19239 have been repainted into Magic colours,
Could 19227/8 from Ashton and 19220/1/2 19235/6 at Stockport be swapped if the whole 19220-19239 batch were to become Magic livered
(28/12/2014 11:20)Benzo Wrote:  I've read that 3 Enviro400s 19223 19224 19239 have been repainted into Magic colours,
Could 19227/8 from Ashton and 19220/1/2 19235/6 at Stockport be swapped if the whole 19220-19239 batch were to become Magic livered

I thought they were painting the oldest Enviro400's Blue. Seems odd that there are still 56 and 07 reg Enviro400's (some not in the best condition!) knocking about while the decenter 08 reg ones are going blue. I'm assuming the older Enviro's don't meet this low emession saga on Oxford Rd hence why younger ones have been done.

Have to say I was lucky enough to see a photo of the first painted Enviro400 in the paintshop last week and wasn't too impressed but having seen photos of them on the road returning to Shartson they actually look really good with the branding etc. One thing I have noticed is that they seem to have followed First and applied very small front fleetnumbers with normal side and rear ones - a pain when labelling photos!
(28/12/2014 11:44)Mayneway Wrote:  I thought they were painting the oldest Enviro400's Blue. Seems odd that there are still 56 and 07 reg Enviro400's (some not in the best condition!) knocking about while the decenter 08 reg ones are going blue. I'm assuming the older Enviro's don't meet this low emession saga on Oxford Rd hence why younger ones have been done.

Have to say I was lucky enough to see a photo of the first painted Enviro400 in the paintshop last week and wasn't too impressed but having seen photos of them on the road returning to Shartson they actually look really good with the branding etc. One thing I have noticed is that they seem to have followed First and applied very small front fleetnumbers with normal side and rear ones - a pain when labelling photos!

BIB: Most Enviro400s have had small fleetnumbers on the front on the black above the windscreen since new - very few have them differently.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2014 17:30)kuyoyo Wrote:  BIB: Most Enviro400s have had small fleetnumbers on the front on the black above the windscreen since new - very few have them differently.

I actually stand corrected. It seems on one of the photos the front fleetnumber is actually missing but having checked the other two Enviro400's that have been painted have the standard front fleetnumber - they are just harder to read against the bright yellow paint.
This is purely roumer but anybody else heard that Stagecoach are thinking of pulling the 77 & 80 services?
12235 and 12244 were on consecutive X57's this morning.
Stagecoach's Twitter page stating that a journey on the 76 was not operating today due to 'sanitary issues'. Bit worrying what this could be referring to:

Quote:76 The 12:13 departure from Oldham to Piccadilly is failing to operate due to sanitary issues on the vehicle.

https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...2887852032

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)