Current time: 04/05/2024, 21:45 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
I do wonder whether there is some logic in the allocating of vehicles for these special services , as im not so sure they would see an awful lot of passengers , I do appreciate Merseytravel paying for these services for people visiting people in Hospital at this time of the year.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/12/2014 23:59)wirralbus Wrote:  I do wonder whether there is some logic in the allocating of vehicles for these special services , as im not so sure they would see an awful lot of passengers , I do appreciate Merseytravel paying for these services for people visiting people in Hospital at this time of the year.

You'd be surprised how many people use them. Some buses get busy. Saw some full 10x's yesterday.
Think we underestimate how much of a lifeline they are to people who'd be stuck at home, unable to afford taxis.
The 110X and 118X that i saw never had more than about 10 people the times i saw them.

The thing is how many other areas have such a large amount of christmas day services provided for the public.
(26/12/2014 13:16)wirralbus Wrote:  The 110X and 118X that i saw never had more than about 10 people the times i saw them.

The thing is how many other areas have such a large amount of christmas day services provided for the public.

Nowhere. Merseyside's is by far the most comprehensive, so we should count ourselves lucky.
(26/12/2014 15:53)F255ytj Wrote:  Nowhere. Merseyside's is by far the most comprehensive, so we should count ourselves lucky.

Indeed, quite a few areas don't even have Boxing Day or New Years Day services either.
But the commercial operators her in Merseyside have a scaled back operation on New Years Day , its not as frequent as Boxing Day .
and they say don't drink and drive
(26/12/2014 16:51)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Indeed, quite a few areas don't even have Boxing Day or New Years Day services either.

Down the road here in Manchester the very limited Boxing Day/New years day services are obviously aimed at sales shoppers and sadly not hospital visitors/workers that normally depend on them same services, however given the news reports that the turn out at the sales was a lot lower than in previous years in favour of online shopping are we going to see these services scaled back in the future.

I was told Manchester city centre was like a 'ghost town' yesterday and given that Stagecoach Manchrster were apparently paying drivers just under £26 an hour to work - was yesterday a right off in terms of profit.
(25/12/2014 16:45)R557 ABA Wrote:  Here's my Christmas Day Bus Services post for anyone who's interested,

http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...irral.html

Buses in use on the Wirral, SN64 OHY (27143), SN64 OHT (27145), SN64 OHU (27146), SN64 OHW (27148) & SN64 OHY (27150).

The North West Bus Blog is also three years old today.

Another 64-plate Enviro300 27144 (SN64 OHS) was seen on the 62X-FAZAKERLEY Christmas Day. Never actually ridden one of these new ones.
Should've got on, seeing as it was free!

By the way, does anyone know if 27147 (SN64 OHV) is back on the road yet after its crash into an Anfield shop?
Don't know if the bus is back in service, but I know for a fact the driver was sacked.
Bet he didn't have much of a Merry Christmas!
I thought that the driver had a medical episode, so to be sacked seems harsh, depends what the episode was of course.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)