Current time: 06/05/2024, 05:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Thanks for the info, are the engines in Omnilink's horizontal? Also which are Mercedes engined? I heard the Omnicity's at Bury have Mercedes engines but later examples like Rosso 234 sound like Vario's (O814).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/11/2014 18:49)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Thanks for the info, are the engines in Omnilink's horizontal? Also which are Mercedes engined? I heard the Omnicity's at Bury have Mercedes engines but later examples like Rosso 234 sound like Vario's (O814).

All engines should be Scania, I heard something about newer Euro-4 engines having only 5 cylinders which could explain why they may sound a tad tinny, but that is only word of mouth. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
A change to see OM running a solo (40330) rather than a regular Enviro400 or B9, on tonight's 348 late trips

Unsure if the 350 late trips have been separated from interworking the 348 late trips since the running changes?
Interesting vehicle allocation yesterday saw a Streetlite on 83s while a sluggish 66853 (no turbo) was out on 350s.

Also something that hasn't been reported is that Oldham Depot lost another Citaro the other week due to fire (not sure off hand which one it was), apparently it caught fire whilst on the pits in the depot, luckily the depot was saved but the Citaro in question is a right off.

From what I've heard engineering are that sick of Oldham''s fleet of Citaroes and their problems that they want rid of the remaining ones, the question is if Oldham do withdraw the remaining ones is there actually anything to replace them and also why is it Oldham Depot's Citaroes never went for DDA upgrades that Bury Depot Citaroes got/are getting
Streetlite 47474 is out today on 425s Holts-Fitton Hill, first time I think one of these has ventured on the 425s
(19/11/2014 10:09)M60lad Wrote:  Streetlite 47474 is out today on 425s Holts-Fitton Hill, first time I think one of these has ventured on the 425s

How many of these are at OM now?
(19/11/2014 11:58)WWH44L Wrote:  How many of these are at OM now?
4 streetlights and 3 b9s from pioneer until april (ish)
(20/11/2014 12:12)james Wrote:  4 streetlights and 3 b9s from pioneer until april (ish)

Ok cheers, do we know which ones?
Yes it was 60226 Dentonian and apparently Oldham/First have also lost 60227/8 over the past couple of years due to various incidents.

As for 60226 thanks for clearing what actually happened up, I was just reporting what I got told by various people I know who work at First themselves, I still stand on the query I asked though as to why Oldham's Citaroes never went with the DDA conversions that Bury Depot's Citaroes have had done to them recently
What route is 36300 on today

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)